Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

RHCP played stadiums on each tour between 2002 and now except in 2016/17 when they did 2 rounds of festivals in EU but even then they did several shows in the same city that sold out. I don't think it's impossible for them to play 2 stadium shows in the biggest cities after 4 years (and 2 with covid), with John back and probably with bigger marketing campaign

source: 5 minutes of wikipedia

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

And The Strokes mate, The Strokes.

Haim - Asap Rocky - RHCP - The Stokes would be a good row. Thundercat and King Princess in the KlubC.

You really think that Strokes would play behind RHCP? RHCP will be your festival closer. Asap Rocky is due to play Dour since 2019, he will stay on that line-up I guess. 

For me, this announcement is at least as dissapointing as it was last year. 

47 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Not feelings this lineup thus far. Was hoping the sunday headliner would pull me over the edge. Werchter seems to be aiming for an unusually old audience next year.

Or us twentysomethings that haven't got round to seeing PJ or Metallica yet. Those two and RHCP alone for the ticket price is insane compared to what you get in England, let alone with all the other acts yet to come. 

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Or us twentysomethings that haven't got round to seeing PJ or Metallica yet. Those two and RHCP alone for the ticket price is insane compared to what you get in England, let alone with all the other acts yet to come. 

True, I’m pretty sure their are more than enough younger people that like these oldies but I can imagine the average age of the festival crowd being (much) older than during a ‘normal’ RW edition.

I’m not slagging off any of the names, mind. It’s just something that strikes me.

Edited by misterplow

56 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

What about the "secondary" acts? What would you like to see?

Was supposed to go in 2020 so would like to see Volbeat and Placebo back on the bill behind Metallica. 

I'm gonna assume Pixies are opening for PJ and The Strokes are opening for RHCP unless there's something I've missed. 

Would love to see Tame Impala next to 21 Pilots that day if Kendrick isn't coming back.

11 minutes ago, mikebat said:

RHCP are one of the badest band I saw at Werchter..
Big name but bad live, everytime it was terrible 😞
I hope we'll have more names soon.

From what I remember (I was nice and full of alcohol at that point 🤣) The last time at Werchter they weren't the best... To say the least. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Was supposed to go in 2020 so would like to see Volbeat and Placebo back on the bill behind Metallica. 

I'm gonna assume Pixies are opening for PJ and The Strokes are opening for RHCP unless there's something I've missed. 

Would love to see Tame Impala next to 21 Pilots that day if Kendrick isn't coming back.

Placebo is already ruled out