Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

3 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pearl Jam must be the Pixies.

I think Friday is going to be The Killers and The Strokes. Although there is talk of strong rumors of Queens Of The Stone Age at glastonbury 2022

I think you can quite easily fill in the missing headliners such that you come to the following set: 

Thursday: Pearl Jam - The War On Drugs (Pixies one position lower)

Friday: Metallica - Royal Blood

Saturday: Gorillaz - Twenty-One Pilots - Faith No More 

Sunday: Imagine Dragons - The Killers (or another usual suspect)

The Strokes could possibly be shifted to TW Classic (as they did with Placebo)? 

1 hour ago, unodosseb said:

Think we’ll most likely be waiting until November/December again

In the lack of other news, I can mention that Bergenfest, a Norwegian festival, released some names today. It's taking place two weeks before RW and has previously had quite a few overlappaing artists, especially among the undercards. Today they released Grace Jones, Michael Kiwanuka, Ziggy Marley (doing a Bob Marley tribute), Jade Bird, Gary Clark Jr and Charlotte Jane for the 14th of June. Previously Robyn is announced for the 15th and Biffy Clyro for the 16th of June. Hopefully this could mean that other festivals also are starting to come around now..   

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, Ken19 said:

no

You've already cheered me up the day.

2 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Today! 😉

My money still is on the RHCP. But not for any particular reason. Maybe because their 2022 tour still isn‘t announced although it should have been. Combined with Werchter mysteriously waiting for the Sunday head. Maybe this adds up.

I'm with you.

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Best tour trailer ever 🖤

"Breaking News: The news is broken!"

Just sad they didn't announce the dates at the same time! But the hype is real!

I’m confused why there is hype as they were booked for 2021… surely it’s likely they’d be back in the frame again.

Stadium tour it is. But honestly, I haven’t followed all the bookings lately (events in Belgium are a go, busy with other things). In Belgium, Peppers are not a stadium band. So it would be typical Herman Schueremans to fix it and let them play in Werchter. Just like pink, muse, gnr… I expect the tour announcement of the peppers next week. 

Werchter will announce very soon, but you didn’t need me to realise that 😃

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Stadium tour it is. But honestly, I haven’t followed all the bookings lately (events in Belgium are a go, busy with other things). In Belgium, Peppers are not a stadium band. So it would be typical Herman Schueremans to fix it and let them play in Werchter. Just like pink, muse, gnr… I expect the tour announcement of the peppers next week. 

Werchter will announce very soon, but you didn’t need me to realise that 😃

We didn't but the reassurance is much appreciated regardless