Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

On 8/15/2021 at 1:30 PM, Gossard said:

Oh my god, please NO! They were horrible in 2018, what a dull show. I'd rather take Kings of Leon again!

I saw their 2018 Mad Cool show and I agree completely. While I generally like Tranquility base (still think it should've been an Alex Turner solo album), their set was absolutely not fit for a festival crowd. How they managed to lose the crowd after three songs still baffles me.

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

I saw their 2018 Mad Cool show and I agree completely. While I generally like Tranquility base (still think it should've been an Alex Turner solo album), their set was absolutely not fit for a festival crowd. How they managed to lose the crowd after three songs still baffles me.

Same happened after 5 songs at Sziget, got pretty boring after an exciting start. Having said that I take AM over KOL anytime 🙂

On 8/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, clasher said:

I was so stoked to see them again and that 2018 show was one of the dreariest messes I've ever seen. Say what you want about a band like The Killers just playing to the crowd... sometimes you GOTTA play to the crowd. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Archi said:

The Script and Interpol both confirmed show in June in Belgium so they should be out for Rock Werchter. Not a big surprise either. Especially for The Script. And I guess we could have Kasabian on the line-up as they are around (announced in Zagreb)!

A pity Interpol is out. Also quite a surprise since it's been a while since they played the festival (2014) and last time was really good. Would imagine they'd be on the fest the next time they're touring. Don't know what went wrong here... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Archi said:

The Script and Interpol both confirmed show in June in Belgium so they should be out for Rock Werchter. Not a big surprise either. Especially for The Script. And I guess we could have Kasabian on the line-up as they are around (announced in Zagreb)!

Kasabian currently doesn't have a frontman and their last two albums didn't exactly do well in Belgium. I doubt any Belgian major still has interest in booking them unless they agree to occupy those lower slots again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dietediet said:

Kasabian currently doesn't have a frontman and their last two albums didn't exactly do well in Belgium. I doubt any Belgian major still has interest in booking them unless they agree to occupy those lower slots again.

Kasabian DO have a front man........its Serge. Tom isn't there because he decided it was a good idea to abuse his partner. Kasabian are on tour in the UK and are not playing Stadiums or arenas, they are playing smaller venues, anticipating the fact that many people will not be as interested if Tom is not there. I'm pretty sure that if they play festivals, they would be accepting in the fact that headline and main stage slots  will not be the norm anymore. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:13 PM, jonnytee1 said:

Kasabian DO have a front man........its Serge. Tom isn't there because he decided it was a good idea to abuse his partner. Kasabian are on tour in the UK and are not playing Stadiums or arenas, they are playing smaller venues, anticipating the fact that many people will not be as interested if Tom is not there. I'm pretty sure that if they play festivals, they would be accepting in the fact that headline and main stage slots  will not be the norm anymore. 

They are headlining Inmusic, everything is possible.

I agree without Tom they are almost non-existent band.

1 hour ago, Mondo-kun said:

Metallica is on Friday, can't see The Strokes being suitable for that day.
On the other hand there is Pearl Jam, and if The Killers can play before them why The Strokes can't...

Pearl Jam must be the Pixies.

I think Friday is going to be The Killers and The Strokes. Although there is talk of strong rumors of Queens Of The Stone Age at glastonbury 2022