Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

3 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Anybody still thinking we'll be able to attend any festival in 2022 (and years ahead) without health pass, entry testing or any similiar BS? Fat chance.

Only issue with it for me, is those double vaccinated don't need to supply a negative test.

I'm double vaccinated but can come to a festival(reading festival in 3 weeks) positive and spread it at the festival. Whilst those not vaccinated have to do a test to prove negative. 

That's the only odd thing about the current situation.

4 hours ago, thetime said:

Only issue with it for me, is those double vaccinated don't need to supply a negative test.

I'm double vaccinated but can come to a festival(reading festival in 3 weeks) positive and spread it at the festival. Whilst those not vaccinated have to do a test to prove negative. 

That's the only odd thing about the current situation.

That is because they still communicate that fully vaccinated people don't spread the virus (which is showing to be dubious at best).. Given that the vaccines work though, you will still develop less symptoms, which again means it's less likely to be spread by you, but with 90% efficiency (or most likely less) it will not in any way eliminate the possibility.

As for next year I don't think that the current situation will affect that scenario too much, as there will probably be many new variants before that, and how they act and how the vaccines work on them will determine how next season will go. I think we need to realize that we'll have to live with this uncertainty for many years to come.

You have less chance to catch/spread it but you can still. Just people think "vaccine = protection" so if I'm fully vaccinated, I don't have to take care of the Covid anhymore. Unfortunately, it's not true. But we may notice that, in Belgium, 96% of people sicked of the Covid are non-vaccinated. 

Until next Summer, so many things may happen. Back to normal life, too many new variants, another virus.. who knows.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

You have less chance to catch/spread it but you can still. 

It makes no difference, you can catch/spread as the non vaccinated. Why do you think you can't? The only difference is that you potentially won't get seriously ill.

But to suggest there's less chance of you getting covid is untrue.

We're heading to a party (max. 750 people) at the end of the month. We've had two vaccinations, which is fine as entry for us (but you can also get tested for entry). We've also got a few events planned in September and October, but we'll see how much the government can f#ck it up.

If specific governments fail to let events proceed, I'll just set my sights abroad to see where I can have some fun. From what I read Exit festival was terrifically organised with I believe one case of coronavirus contamination. Lollapalooza just had a huge festival in Chicago, and Guns N' Roses are doing a stadium tour in the US.

Unless there's some wonder medicine or 100% protective vaccine created, we're going to have to make due with this virus in our lives. It's the new flu and it might be here to stay forever. No matter how good one country performs (i.e. lockdowns etc.), a new variant might pop up in god knows where and it's back the drawing board all over again.

Personally, I have not been too worried about the virus, but I've tried to be most considerate towards others and especially the elderly by wearing a mask and keeping distance. I'm glad the risk groups are now protected enough with the vaccines, realistically it will never be 100% protected, but that's life. Tomorrow you might get run over by a bus. Let's all try to enjoy life, love and respect another.

2 hours ago, The Black said:

If specific governments fail to let events proceed, I'll just set my sights abroad to see where I can have some fun. From what I read Exit festival was terrifically organised with I believe one case of coronavirus contamination. Lollapalooza just had a huge festival in Chicago, and Guns N' Roses are doing a stadium tour in the US.

We're going to Untold Festival in Romania. Went on a big European festival discovery tour on Google after Pukkelpop cancelled. A bit like Exit combined with Tomorrowland and Sziget from what we've seen but have never been there before. A mix of dance, techno, drum & bass, pop etc. Not 100% my kind of festival, but seems like quite the party! 

Edited by pigital

38 minutes ago, pigital said:

We're going to Untold Festival in Romania. Went on a big European festival discovery tour on Google after Pukkelpop cancelled. A bit like Exit combined with Tomorrowland and Sziget from what we've seen but have never been there before. A mix of dance, techno, drum & bass, pop etc. Not 100% my kind of festival, but seems like quite the party! 

Have fun! You should be in for a treat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

The lack of news turns every thread in a COVID discussion.

@Ken19 / Rock Werchter please help us out. Give us something to discuss that is not virus related.

Totally agree with you.
Enough of talking about covid and vaccines!

Edited by Daniel Ferreira
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Rock Werchter posted something on social media to celebrate the closure of Werchter Parklife. In it they state that more news on RW will only follow after Summer...

Not a surprise. People are in holidays, at some festivals (Alcatraz is the only real festival happening in Belgium I think) and the situation is unclear. With the next government meeting on August 16th, they could make announcements for indoor shows in Fall. I think it's more the priority of people right now! At least, it's mine honestly.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, Daniel Ferreira said:

I really like Queens of the Stone Age and I've been lucky enough to see them live, but if it were them Sunday's headliners I would be disappointed because I really hope RW for the greatness of the festival.

I can see Queens of the Stone Age and Imagine Dragons as a back-up plan if they can't rebook Red Hot Chili Peppers for that open sunday.

Queens could also fill the gap on the NOS Alive friday and Mad Cool sunday I guess....

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I can see Queens of the Stone Age and Imagine Dragons as a back-up plan if they can't rebook Red Hot Chili Peppers for that open sunday.

Queens could also fill the gap on the NOS Alive friday and Mad Cool sunday I guess....

Billie Eilish and Queens Of The Stone Age strongly rumoured for Glastonbury 2022