Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

52 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Fontaines will be back. Strokes normally not. But I hope that will change.

More likely their own show? I don't blame Werchter in this situation, given no event in 2020 or 2021, they need to ensure they have headliners that will result in a sold out event. 

• Upvote 1

The Strokes, Glass Animals, Modest Mouse, Fontaines D.C. and Moses Sumney are the new confirms of NOS Alive.
The Strokes had already been confirmed in 2020 and 2021 so they were at Primavera Barcelona and not coming to Primavera Porto was predictable. Most of the bands that go to Mad Cool and BBK Bilbao go to Nos Alive and then a little bit to Primavera Barcelona.

Flemish national TV is airing a "Werchter Parklife" special this Sunday, to coincide with the closing evening for the series of events. So if we're getting names before September, it'll be this Sunday (last year they also released new names during the Parklife TV special).

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Fontaines will be back. Strokes normally not. But I hope that will change.

Any ideas on Modest Mouse? Favourite band and really keen to see them if/when they make it to Europe with the new album. Could fit well either on a 90s rock or more modern indie orientated day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Flemish national TV is airing a "Werchter Parklife" special this Sunday, to coincide with the closing evening for the series of events. So if we're getting names before September, it'll be this Sunday (last year they also released new names during the Parklife TV special).

https://www.vrt.be/

Is this TV channel?

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Has NOS Alive ever confirmed, that the RHCP are not coming back 2022? Like Mad Cool did in their Instagram comments. Maybe it‘s them?

RHCP is not on NOS Alive, I read the organization responding to a fan comment saying that RHCP was going to be there.

1 hour ago, misterplow said:

Maybe they’re waiting for Kendrick Lamar as the missing headliner? 

I've read here on the forum several times that Kendrick only for 2023 and that it has its own agenda.

On the remaining day I believe it's Muse or 21p

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, Dietediet said:

Will it always be on TV today?

3 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Will it always be on TV today?

I don't  know if I understand you completely, but the Tv-programm about Werchter Parklife will be broadcast tonight from 20.55 til 21.45 Belgian time. So maybe then we know any new artists for 2022?

14 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Though ongoing negotiations with the RHCP for Sunday. That‘s what I hope. Backup plan are bands that could have been announced already. Imagine Dragons or others.

I'm with the same thoughts as you.

11 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Also hoping for RHCP as well as sir Paul or Coldplay 

Paul will be the 2nd TW Classic, Coldplay can only believe if the RW is selling badly.

1 hour ago, Rean said:

Yes please we’re asking the same question 

RW22 please reply 

It's way too early to have informations about the Covid situation in 11 months... It's already hard to know what will happen in 1 month. The situation right now is to except a back to normal life. But who knows...

• Upvote 1