Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

35 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Sunday, but that was during a live tv special which isn't happening this year. Stubru is hosting a RW themed day tomorrow, but I doubt they'd drop names on the same day as Pukkelpop.

Okay, thanks. Indeed, tomorrow seems impossible. On Friday 4pm? The match is at 9pm... who knows.

44 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Why would they care about the match?

Lot of people care about the match and the music. If the match was at 6pm, I doubt they would make an announcement 2h before. But with a match at 9pm, don't think it's a problem. At every match, they change their design on Facebook for a day to put color of the Red Devils.

1 hour ago, lostinthedream said:

Nothing happend at 4pm. 

Not a surprise. They change their Facebook profile picture for the football match tonight. If they announce names during the period the festival, it gonna be tomorrow or Sunday. I'd say tomorrow.

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Should we expect radio silence until fall or are there any plans of announcing something?

I think whoever said they were waiting for a major act to drop their tour plan is probably on the money. The Sunday headliner probably has enough clout to delate the announcement. Who? I dunno, hoping for the best!

1 hour ago, SonicSleuth said:

I think whoever said they were waiting for a major act to drop their tour plan is probably on the money. The Sunday headliner probably has enough clout to delate the announcement. Who? I dunno, hoping for the best!

Could be, but it seems like those speculations are more based on hope rather than actual knowledge. However I'm sure that they must have many bands booked (even only those carried over from previous cancelled editions), so I can't really understand why they can't announce some of those, even if it means we'll have to wait for the last headliner...  

3 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Well there's still a saturday headliner to announce as well, isn't there...

4 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Could be, but it seems like those speculations are more based on hope rather than actual knowledge. However I'm sure that they must have many bands booked (even only those carried over from previous cancelled editions), so I can't really understand why they can't announce some of those, even if it means we'll have to wait for the last headliner...  

Well, if your headliner has it in their contract that they have to be the first band announced on their headlining day, you can't do that. There's no legitimate reason for them to have held off releasing the Sunday headliner while also selling Sunday tickets, if not for some concession being made to whatever that act is. There's literally zero upside to trying to sell tickets on a day nobody knows any band that's playing. And there's zero chance there's no actual headiner on the festival's final night... so... logic dictates there's a reason we don't know.

http://www.firenzerocks.it/news/44/firenze-rocks-torna-nel-2022-riconfermati-i-green-day

In the middle of this news it says: "We will soon be releasing information about the date of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as well as new announcements that will complete the 2022 festival calendar."

Is RW still trying RHCP??

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

6 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

http://www.firenzerocks.it/news/44/firenze-rocks-torna-nel-2022-riconfermati-i-green-day

In the middle of this news it says: "We will soon be releasing information about the date of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as well as new announcements that will complete the 2022 festival calendar."

Is RW still trying RHCP??

I brought up that theory a few pages back.

Funkyard, EJEKT and Firenze Rocks all implied RHCP will be back next year for their respective festival. With a date tba. Probably waiting for permission, a new single or whatever.

What they all have in common in contrast to cancelled appearances at Felyn, Pinkpop, NOS or Mad Cool: Those are not really festivals but huge one-day events.

So my guess is RHCP are about to announce a stadium tour with those one-day fests sprinkled in.

With Werchter being Werchter and lack of good alternatives for big shows in Belgium I think they might be capable of getting them for their only „real“ festival show on the Sunday.

Edited by Karlos12345
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I brought up that theory a few pages back.

Funkyard, EJEKT and Firenze Rocks all implied RHCP will be back next year for their respective festival. With a date tba. Probably waiting for permission, a new single or whatever.

What they all have in common in contrast to cancelled appearances at Felyn, Pinkpop, NOS or Mad Cool: Those are not really festivals but huge one-day events.

So my guess is RHCP are about to announce a stadium tour with those one-day fests sprinkled in.

With Werchter being Werchter and lack of good alternatives for big shows in Belgium I think they might be capable of getting them for their only „real“ festival show on the Sunday.

I hope you're right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Otto77 said:

With the Red Hot Chili Peppers as headliner they can change the name from 'Rock Werchter' to 'Back to the 80's and 90's' or 'Childhoodmemories festival'.

Please give some new acts the opportunity to become headliner.

Who? Will they sell tickets?

10 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I looove me some old school rock but even I think Rock Werchter is too 90’s rock heavy atm with PJ, Metallica and FNM. 

They’re stil a contemporary festival, aren’t they.