Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Well. No Sunday acts. Makes me think that there‘s a headliner, that doesn‘t have any dates announced yet.

My money is on the RHCP playing their only festival show in 2022 (expect one-day events like EJEKT in Athens, Firenze Rocks and Funkyard in Tel Aviv).

Makes sense with annoucement strategy and lack of good places for headline stadium shows in Belgium.

But of course, this is also me as a fanboy and wishful thinking.

@Ken19 You got a wink for me in case I‘m onto something here? 😅

EDIT: With Macca at TW Classics there‘s only The Boss left on the list of big rumored acts for 2022 without dates. But he doesn‘t really fit Werchter anymore does he?

Edited by Karlos12345

6 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Well. No Sunday acts. Makes me think that there‘s a headliner, that doesn‘t have any dates announced yet.

My money is on the RHCP playing their only festival show in 2022 (expect one-day events like EJEKT in Athens, Firenze Rocks and Funkyard in Tel Aviv).

Makes sense with annoucement strategy and lack of good places for headline stadium shows in Belgium.

EDIT: With Macca at TW Classics there‘s only The Boss left on the list of big rumored acts for 2022 without dates. But he doesn‘t really fit Werchter anymore does he?

Has Macca been confirmed for TW Classic? 

Macca must be on the second TW Classic.
Kendrick must not tour 2022
Ken said at the end of May that the Peppers are not a sure thing at the moment and also said that the Tame Impala are not headlining the kind of festival that Werchter is, on the other hand Herman Schueremans has a good connection with this agent of the Tame Impala.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

The boss fits everywhere 🙂 If that were to be the case I don't care what else happens that day (unfortunately I doubt it)....

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Macca must be on the second TW Classic.
Kendrick must not tour 2022
Ken said at the end of May that the Peppers are not a sure thing at the moment and also said that the Tame Impala are not headlining the kind of festival that Werchter is, on the other hand Herman Schueremans has a good connection with this agent of the Tame Impala.

Second TW Classic? Will there be two TWC next summer? 

3 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Has Macca been confirmed for TW Classic? 

34 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Second TW Classic? Will there be two TWC next summer? 

Answer your questions: :

On 6/14/2021 at 11:49 AM, Ken19 said:

Macca is in the market for TW Classic number 2. Things are looking good.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

50 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Mad Cool's 3 and 4 day tickets got sold out in less than a week even though a lot of people didn't like it. This might go really quick as well.

Let's not hope for too well before we have new names, so that RW has to continue focus on the best possible line-up...

13 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Hope you're not one of those idiots who's doesn't want to get vaccinated. I actually hope that those kind of people are not allowed on festivals.

Maybe he's one of those people who can't get vaccinated for some reason. And even if he doesn't want to be vaccinated that's totally his choice and if you can't respect his choice (you don't have to agree with it), then you're the idiot!

Edited by Gossard
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

Wait, so... is there another headliner for TW Classic other than Nick Cave and Placebo, that hasn't been announced?

There will be 2 editions of TW Classic next year. One where Nick Cave will be the main act and one (on another weekend presumably) headlined by another headliner (McCartney has been mentioned for this).

19 hours ago, lighthouse said:

There will be 2 editions of TW Classic next year. One where Nick Cave will be the main act and one (on another weekend presumably) headlined by another headliner (McCartney has been mentioned for this).

TW Classic #2 on the Sunday June 26th with Macca headlining would be perfect for us foreigners 🤘😎

Edited by Gossard