Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I think they'll announce Gorillaz by Wednesday and then they'll keep Sunday's headliners suspenseful for a while. Or they don't announce anything at all and announce something in July on the weekend that was RW.
I was happy to announce Gorillaz on the same day Beck and St.Vicente, these two bands entered Gorillaz's latest album.

Depends on Pukkelpop. If they get the deal with Gorillaz done.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

And the Werchter Boutique will that still exist? Is that where The Strokes go? There are contracts made for 2020 and 2021 , Placebo are already on TW will it be for the Boutique os The Stroke ?

All options are open, but not as a headliner. An indoor show or no show is the option to go right now if they don’t accept a lower spot. 

11 minutes ago, misterplow said:

I don’t think I can trade my RW ticket with a Sportpaleis one if that’s the case. Strokes where the main reason for us to go.

Nop. If they don't play anymore at RW and you only wanna see them, you'll have to sell your ticket for the festival and buy a ticket for the indoor show. Two different events. But it's just an idea. We'll see what happen in the future!

11 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Guess we‘ll hear about Sunday tomorrow.

I guess so. Maybe they didn't announce today because of Belgium football match tonight (or because of the band itself). The Foo Fighters announced a few new European shows today...

4 minutes ago, Archi said:

I guess so. Maybe they didn't announce today because of Belgium football match tonight (or because of the band itself). The Foo Fighters announced a few new European shows today...

I see they are performing with Weezer in Basel. Would love to see them back again.....

EDIT: Forgot about the Hella Mega Tour, so I guess that is out of the question.. 😞

Edited by tmolvik

17 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Lorde announces tour without Belgian date. I think it is very likely now that she will be at Rock Werchter.

Would love to see her headline the Barn during Metallica!

But Werchter is almost a week after her last tour date. Don‘t think that makes her very likely.

8 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

But Werchter is almost a week after her last tour date. Don‘t think that makes her very likely.

There is a few festivals end of June, for example glasto/roskilde/werchter/. So a few days off before she hits werchter, roskilde and glastonbury is pretty feasible.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:44 PM, Archi said:

As the tickets sales were not great for The Strokes day, I think the best would be an indoor show at SportPaleis.

I think Sportspaleis is way too big for The Strokes, Lotto Arena or Vorst National would be my suggestion.....or AFAS Life in the netherlands.

But very strokes-like would be no other european shows at all .....

We expect a sunday headliner tomorrow?

Foo Fighters would be a worthy replacement for Red Hot Chili Peppers but their latest show is in France a whole week prior to RW, so they're not that likely I guess.....

I'd expect Imagine Dragons as one of the sunday headliners, then...

19 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I think Sportspaleis is way too big for The Strokes, Lotto Arena or Vorst National would be my suggestion.....or AFAS Life in the netherlands.

But very strokes-like would be no other european shows at all .....

We expect a sunday headliner tomorrow?

Foo Fighters would be a worthy replacement for Red Hot Chili Peppers but their latest show is in France a whole week prior to RW, so they're not that likely I guess.....

I'd expect Imagine Dragons as one of the sunday headliners, then...

I don't think we'll have a new name tomorrow. For me the last headliner is someone who has not yet announce anything for the moment and nothing will happen until september (or during the autumn).

7 minutes ago, heti said:

Let's not go this way, please....

God no.. Can't be headliner material can they (at least not solo)?? With so many amazing bands on tour I have high expectations for this edition. I really hope for someone not yet in the loop...