Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

5 hours ago, brightside23 said:

Put Royal Blood before Pearl Jam, remove Imagine Dragons and put TOP in their place and it looks somewhat realistic. 

Metallica and TOP I based on Mad Cool, Imagine Dragons seems to be possible on RW from what I've read around.

4 hours ago, The_Preach said:

Personally think sunday is way too weak in comparison to the Friday/Saturday

Whenever I go to a festival I feel like there is a weak day.

4 hours ago, Jefb said:

Yeah this will never happen: Faith No More too low, The War On Drugs and Royal Blood way too low. But if, I wouldn´t complain.

Faith No More in the 2020 lineup were down after Kendrick and TOP

In France today, begin the tickets selling for Muse at Festival de Beauregard. It's totally crazy and really hard to take his place. There is a lot of demand for this band. So surprise it's the exact opposite in Belgium. France is the last place for Muse to sold out their gig really quickly.

It's really rare to see bands like Muse in this part of the country, it also explains how fast the tickets are selling. The Zenith of Rouen, main city in Normandie, is 8000k capacity. Muse haven't played there since 2004... The festival is not so big: it's 28k people per day, smaller than Main Square.

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

In 2020 it was KENDRICK LAMAR - TOP - FAITH NO MORE

In 2022 it should be GORILLAZ - TOP - FAITH NO MORE

Seems the more realistic with the current rumors. Looks a good one! Waiting confirmation for the last headliner on Sunday then... 

3 hours ago, P.bintein said:

I know, there'll be around 30 000 people but when we know Muse sold only 11 000 in Werchter 2019 and Mad Cool and Firenze are not already sold out for the day they'll play, it's a good performance for this band in decline in the rest of Europe.

No day has sold out for those festival, bit unfair to label a decline for muse.

My personal opinion is all these bands like muse, pearl jam, kol, Metallica, killers, editors, foo fighters etc are so repetitive on the scene its got boring.

It was very much the same in the late 90s/00s when it was always bands like oasis, blur, pulp, manics, stereophonic at majority of festivals.

People want a bit of sparkle and excitement, the same old bands is tiresome and won't sell as many tickets. 

It's also why your midrange festivals are doing well, they have headliners who can't headline the majors.

2015 replacement performance from Patton & Co. was one of the wildest gigs in my entire life (and I've experienced quite a lot). That energy, that raw performance, that joy coming from playing to the Werchter crowd. It was my 3rd time seeing them live back then, 2nd on this tour. RW 2015 was MAGNIFICENT.

Very happy they're still on board

• Upvote 1

I think they'll announce Gorillaz by Wednesday and then they'll keep Sunday's headliners suspenseful for a while. Or they don't announce anything at all and announce something in July on the weekend that was RW.
I was happy to announce Gorillaz on the same day Beck and St.Vicente, these two bands entered Gorillaz's latest album.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

8 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I think they'll announce Gorillaz by Wednesday and then they'll keep Sunday's headliners suspenseful for a while.
I was happy to announce Gorillaz on the same day Beck and St.Vicente, these two bands entered Gorillaz's latest album.

If they put all the day-tickets on sale on Wednesday, they will announce the Sunday headliner or at least 2 top bands / co-headliners like they did today with Twenty One Pilots and Faith No More.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

In 2020 it was KENDRICK LAMAR - TOP - FAITH NO MORE

In 2022 it should be GORILLAZ - TOP - FAITH NO MORE

Don't forget about possible Imagine Dragons, with TOP it could be a great way to attract youngsters for this day.
Can't even imagine their reaction to FNM if so...