Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

53 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I was wondering why The Strokes weren't announced for NOS Alive today....

What is confirmed in Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK usually comes NOS Alive and then there is always a headliner who has not been to any of the 2 festivals in Spain that comes to NOS Alive, however they were in the 2021 line-up and are on tour in 2022 , but the possibilities that may exist is that The Strokes only do June , or they do not want to do festivals or more likely it is that Alive 's organization will keep the suspense around their names since they are neither in Mad Cool nor in Bilbao... but there are few Strokes fans in Portugal.

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

What is confirmed in Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK usually comes NOS Alive and then there is always a headliner who has not been to any of the 2 festivals in Spain that comes to NOS Alive, however they were in the 2021 line-up and are on tour in 2022 , but the possibilities that may exist is that The Strokes only do June , or they do not want to do festivals or more likely it is that Alive 's organization will keep the suspense around their names since they are neither in Mad Cool nor in Bilbao... but there are few Strokes fans in Portugal.

this is the only place in which there are many the strokes fans, they are acclaimed and requested in every topic but outside of here they din't really seem praised

3 minutes ago, Ale said:

this is the only place in which there are many the strokes fans, they are acclaimed and requested in every topic but outside of here they din't really seem praised

Do the Strokes in Portugal have fans? even today I read Ken saying that he sold little to the Strokes in Portugal.

1 hour ago, Ale said:

True story, outside communities like this they are not that popular. Except in the UK and Primavera, where they will exactly have the crowd they need.
BKS had the same problem, they didn’t sell enough tickets, and they are very expensive. 

When they were announced for Werchter, I’ve heard and read a lot of the same comments: who are they? Never heard of them… Where are bands like Foo Fighters?

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

True story, outside communities like this they are not that popular. Except in the UK and Primavera, where they will exactly have the crowd they need.
BKS had the same problem, they didn’t sell enough tickets, and they are very expensive. 

When they were announced for Werchter, I’ve heard and read a lot of the same comments: who are they? Never heard of them… Where are bands like Foo Fighters?

That reminded me about THIS 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-stone-roses-75-1258973 

8 hours ago, Ken19 said:

What a day that was, when they announced The Strokes. Remember them teasing towards 12:51. Dream come true to finally have them at Werchter. This is it. 

The reactions on the announcement were all really great too, actually.

Hope it happens... Someday. 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

When they came to Sziget in 2012 the only people who watched them were British as well

As far as I know most of European promoters weren't happy about that tour - the band was expensive and asked for a headliner place, while in the end the crowds at their shows were too small for headliners (except for FIB, guess why 🙂).  

30 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Strange… I saw her 5-6 times until then. But it was the least impressive show. And there was totally no crowd.

The album she was touring didn't transfer well to a big festival set up.  Much more of a intimate sounding album, wonderful serlist though.

Can't really see bjork playing another mainstream festival, apart from the likes of roskilde/Glastonbury/primavera. 

Edited by thetime

Thursday ---- Main : PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers - Rag'n'bone man - Fontaines DC

Secondary Stages : Disclosure - Beck - Black Puma

Friday ---- Main : Metallica - NIN - TOP - Faith no More - KEANE 

Secondary Stages : Cigarettes - Parcels - Whitney 

Saturday ---- Main : Gorillaz - Tame Impala - Liam G - The War on Drugs - Royal Blood

Secondary Stages : The Streets - Jorja Smith - Phoebe Bridgers 

Sunday ---- Main : Imagine Dragons - The Killers - Alt-J - Wolf Alice - Jamie xx
Secondary Stages : Thom york -  Michael Kiwanuka - Big Thief

I don't believe in the presence of King of Leon , Editors , London Grammer

From HellFest line-up I'd take NIN, FnM, Rise Against, Gary Clark Jr , Rival Sons and Myles Kennedy in a heartbeat. I know not all of them will appear on our bill (Graspop needs bands too) but first four would be my dream come true 😄

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Thursday ---- Main : PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers - Rag'n'bone man - Fontaines DC

Saturday ---- Main : Gorillaz - Tame Impala - Liam G - The War on Drugs - Royal Blood

Sunday ---- Main : Imagine Dragons - The Killers - Alt-J - Wolf Alice - Jamie xx

Put Royal Blood before Pearl Jam, remove Imagine Dragons and put TOP in their place and it looks somewhat realistic. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Personally think sunday is way too weak in comparison to the Friday/Saturday

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Yeah this will never happen: Faith No More too low, The War On Drugs and Royal Blood way too low. But if, I wouldn´t complain.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Black said:

@Ken19 I read that Nine Inch Nails at Hellfest will be a European exclusive show. Do you possibly have any information whether that is true or not? Of course you don't have to confirm where else they would be playing, but I'd really like to know if it's just Hellfest or not.

I second that.

• Upvote 1