Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

1 minute ago, heti said:

IF RHCP are indeed out of the festival circuit picture for next year, we're looking for a new Sunday headliner. If it's not Muse, SOAD, Gn'R, Green Day, Aerosmith, Nick Cave or Macca I'm hoping for Coldplay or Foo Fighters.

It will be clear soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Maybe Werchter was able to keep RHCP due to lack of alternatives for a headline stadium show in Belgium.

I also don't think that RHCP would be able to fill a stadium (King Baudoin e.g.). So, this could indeed be a possibility (same as Muse in 2019). 

28 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I also don't think that RHCP would be able to fill a stadium (King Baudoin e.g.). So, this could indeed be a possibility (same as Muse in 2019).

Maybe RHCP'll not play in Europe during summer 2022 because they'll be touring in US and they'll play europeans festivals in 2023.

It's really strange what RHCP are doing they cancel all their festival in Europe and US. Chad Smith always says the plan is to touring in 2022 but we don't see anything. There is no communication. RHCP are not anymore one of the biggest band and I don't understand their come back (with Frusciante) strategy.

About Muse. It seems they're not playing in Benelux next year. I know they struggle to sold out their gigs but drop totally Benelux, I'm surprise.

Edited by P.bintein

Just now, Karlos12345 said:

Ticket sale starts 23 June at 10 am. Is that new info? Will they sell day tickets without headliners? Did they do so last year?

Pukkelpop is selling tickets without names for a festival that starts in 2 months. I'm not surprised by anything anymore!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Ticket sale starts 23 June at 10 am. Is that new info? Will they sell day tickets without headliners? Did they do so last year?

If they don't announce new names until there, they'll sell combi-tickets and day-tickets for only the first 2 days with Pearl Jam and Metallica. They've already done it in the past if I'm correct. 

7 minutes ago, Archi said:

If they don't announce new names until there, they'll sell combi-tickets and day-tickets for only the first 2 days with Pearl Jam and Metallica. They've already done it in the past if I'm correct. 

Saturday and Sunday tickets are listed on ticketmaster with onsale date 23 June.

15 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

With a reason 😊

The rumor in RHCP community is that they're not playing festivals because Frusciante doesn't wanna do em. Any truth in there or are just people bullshitting? 😄

I just wanna hear Frusciante, Flea and Chad Smith play together. I only saw them once in 2007 just before the breakup and the tension on the stage was huge, it wasn't good at all.

7 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

The rumor in RHCP community is that they're not playing festivals because Frusciante doesn't wanna do em. Any truth in there or are just people bullshitting? 😄

I just wanna hear Frusciante, Flea and Chad Smith play together. I only saw them once in 2007 just before the breakup and the tension on the stage was huge, it wasn't good at all.

They were booked for 2021 when Frusciante was already back.

30 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

What community do you mean? Is there still an active one?

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

Facebook groups where people that have some inside info write, like legit inside info 😄 But I'm not following them closely so I'm not sure which info came from guys like Henrik (dude went to 200 shows and got a song played for him after like 20 years for his bday) and what was just made up.

All the forums are dead sadly

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I don't know which community he's talking about exactly but there are still lot of fans of the RHCP! And I'm sure lot of people are interested in the band again because of Frusciante back. Wherever/Whenever they play I Europe, I'll attend the show and I'm sure a lot will do as well.

Anyway, great to see Rock Werchter will announce other names before next Wednesday. I just hope Pukkelpop will do the same!

• Like 1

No SOAD, No Strokes, No Placebo
will it also be without RHCP ?? I'm a bit disappointed.

Muse, Gn'R, Green Day, Aerosmith, Nick Cave, Macca, Foo Fighters are bands that are in some festivals but are not for RW.

Possible: Gorillaz, Tame Impala, The Killers, Imagine Dragons, Faith no More, Pixies, King of Leon, The Lumineers, Liam G., TOP, Alt-J, Royal Blood, Jamie xx, Editors, The War on Drugs, Parcels ,Beck and Wolf Alice ( she was needed , RW lacks women )

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

27 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Hell nooooo 😕

I was wondering why The Strokes weren't announced for NOS Alive today....

I also thought Metallica were set to play Roskilde instead of Copenhell?

I'm really sad about the prospect of not having The Strokes headline too. But, if that falls through, I hope there's an alternative date or place for them in either Belgium or The Netherlands. 

17 minutes ago, The Black said:

I'm really sad about the prospect of not having The Strokes headline too. But, if that falls through, I hope there's an alternative date or place for them in either Belgium or The Netherlands. 

Everything would be fine if they'd do a proper solo tour instead but I guess this is the last thing that we can expect from The Strokes...