Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Just now, Archi said:

Curious to see if Metallica gonna be the only name announced this week for RW 2022. With Pukkelpop names tomorrow (I guess so) for this Summer, Ould be great to not have to many names for our lovely small country!

It was absolutely not the plan to announce the same week as Pukkelpop. But a band like Metallica is the boss. If they want to announce, they announce. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ken19 said:

It was absolutely not the plan to announce the same week as Pukkelpop. But a band like Metallica is the boss. If they want to announce, they announce. 

Maybe the wrong topic to ask this, but is tomorrow Pukkelpop day? 

And wasn't there a second act ready to be announced? 

Just now, lighthouse said:

Maybe the wrong topic to ask this, but is tomorrow Pukkelpop day? 

And wasn't there a second act ready to be announced? 

There is a lot ready for RW. And not only RW...

The plan is to announce before the presale of Pukkelpop starts. Tomorrow and Tuesday it seems.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Karlos12345 said:

@Ken19 As you are here: What's your take on the statement by Firenze Rocks regarding the RHCP? Another bold move by another festival desperate for a scoop? Is everybody just waiting for the band's "go" to announce or are negotiations ongoing?

Is Firenze not a festival who creates a festival day with one headliner and some extra bands? I think they get a lot of requests around the RHCP booking. Don’t think this is the same thing as Mad Cool. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mashinko said:

@Ken19I'm really suprised that Metallica won't play festivals like Download, Rar/Rip, Nova Rock etc. 

Or maybe they will have Metallica on extra day?

They were booked last year with Werchter as a central piece. I think it was always the plan to do a couple of weeks the beginning of July/end of June. 

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Like I said in the other topic, later more on that. There was absolutely no permission from Metallica to tease them for Mad Cool... Metallica is not the kind of band that is taking this easy. 

But yes, they were booked for 2021. Werchter was the first and the tour was build around RW. Normally they would have been confirmed a couple of weeks ago, still no idea why this was delayed. So next week seems obvious.

Seems even sure, since the HellFest 2022 headliners have leaked.. and the official announcement is the 17th of June at 6pm.

But to be fair with Hellfest, it wasn't their intention to reveal Metallicas' presence... I don't think the same with Mad Cool lol...

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Back on for Glastonbury.

Ken, is there anything on Kendrick or Taylor being around? Anything at all? @Ken19

No idea, originally, Taylor planned to be back in 2022. But maybe this is also delayed. 

And Kendrick has his own agenda, and this changes 1000 times a year :-).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I’m afraid so...

Well, good news for me .....but I guess not a name that many people would like to see here.

May I ask if the chances for a bigger name than Pixies on the thursday are better in 2022?

Love Pixies, but not the PJ cohead I was hoping for 😛

17 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I’m afraid so...

Bastille is a close second, but Imagine Dragons is perhaps the worst band in the world for me. 

I guess Imagine Dragons - Twenty-One Pilots makes sense as sort of poprock co-headline pair. And that could be our day aimed for the younger festivalgoers. 

2 hours ago, EV123 said:

Bastille is a close second, but Imagine Dragons is perhaps the worst band in the world for me. 

I guess Imagine Dragons - Twenty-One Pilots makes sense as sort of poprock co-headline pair. And that could be our day aimed for the younger festivalgoers. 

But the experience tells us that sort of combinations doesn’t sell a lot of tickets. They have younger fans, and they can not always spend a lot of money on a festival like Werchter. If they are able to make it: ID-TOP-Dua Lipa, that is another story, but impossible (too strong, none of this acts wants to play third down). 

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

But the experience tells us that sort of combinations doesn’t sell a lot of tickets. They have younger fans, and they can not always spend a lot of money on a festival like Werchter. If they are able to make it: ID-TOP-Dua Lipa, that is another story, but impossible (too strong, none of this acts wants to play third down). 

I just hope Trent shows up to headline The Barn on Saturday