Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

I think this is perfect. Werchter had some legendary one day events (2012 Metallica for example, what a day). I don't think the usual TW Classic crowd will go to this one (there will be another TW Classic in 2022), so i think we will have a great day with a great line up and a great headliner. I'm looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

The press release is saying there will be 2 TW Classics. It's clear there is an overabundance of major acts available next year, this can only be good news.

Herman was saying this for months already, 2022 will be stacked with events in Werchter. 

A bit sad Placebo are not on the RW line-up for 2022 (I'm not a fan of Nick Cave). Yesterday, both TW Classic and Rock Werchter updated their profile picture on Facebook. RW also announced that the small shows announced yesterday morning (or Monday) are the last ones. Can we expect an announcement on Friday for RW 2022 now? Would be great! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm saddened by this confirmation of today's TW Classic.
For those who are or near Werchter it's good news for those from outside Belgium it's not that good news, in my case I'll have to go to a festival here in Portugal because of Placebo and I'll have to go to Primavera here in Portugal because of Nick Cave and the uncertainty of the Tame Impala on RW.
I'm going to RW for the first time with the intention of not going to Portuguese festivals, RW in 2020 had a good line-up, but now bands from 2020 are disappearing and new bands that come to Portugal often and that are coming I already saw .

• Like 1

Sad about Cave not going to RW. This was the opportunity to put him in a headliner slot as the final act, in the dark. The man's popularity in Belgium is huge. But I understand repeating so quickly after 2018 is a bit weird.

That show at TW Classic will be epic though. Can see him getting a 2h-2,5h playtime slot in front of 60K+ people, making it his biggest show ever in Belgium. I'll definitely be there (already got my tickets after all 😉). 

50 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Nick Cave doesn't fit a festival AT ALL .. ?? Sure, I like it, its beautiful... but come on, I listen to it before going to sleep, not while I'm getting drunk and ready to party all night long..

Saw him at Werchter 2009. Was hyped for the gig and left with the feeling it's not my cup of tea and that I don't understand everything in music. So him out of the spot is good news to me too. Placebo, on the other hand, I'll miss dearly (I'd sing my youth again happily) 

57 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Nick Cave doesn't fit a festival AT ALL .. ?? Sure, I like it, its beautiful... but come on, I listen to it before going to sleep, not while I'm getting drunk and ready to party all night long..

Little mood from the last festival tour. 🙂 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 1

Also not the biggest Nick Cave fan, but I was expecting him for RW sunday.

This leaves the sunday open for either Red Hot Chili Peppers if Werchter can keep them or a double headline structure like The Strokes/The Killers? (both should still be free on the sunday if every other festival sticks to their headliners on each day)

@lighthouse , exactly my point lol, this music is really nice to listen, but certainly not to party.

But I completely accept the fact that some people enjoy watching Nick Cave during a festival, just sayin' that it is, to me, too soft / slow for a fest' 🙂

15 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I think this is perfect. Werchter had some legendary one day events (2012 Metallica for example, what a day). I don't think the usual TW Classic crowd will go to this one (there will be another TW Classic in 2022), so i think we will have a great day with a great line up and a great headliner. I'm looking forward to it. 

Isn't the usual TW Classic crowd full of people who got free tickets through their companies and use the event for networking/drinking purposes? If so, they could still show up at this one.

11 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Also not the biggest Nick Cave fan, but I was expecting him for RW sunday.

This leaves the sunday open for either Red Hot Chili Peppers if Werchter can keep them or a double headline structure like The Strokes/The Killers? (both should still be free on the sunday if every other festival sticks to their headliners on each day)

A strokes/killers double headline would easily pull me back in for next year, my wallet currently belongs to primavera sound 2022

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

With Cave on TW I think this is going to be the main names will be PJ , Metallica , Gorillaz and RHCP and the minors Pixies , The Strokes , Liam ...

48 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

With Cave on TW I think this is going to be the main names will be PJ , Metallica , Gorillaz and RHCP and the minors Pixies , The Strokes , Liam ...

And Twenty One Pilots. I'm really curious if they'll still have the TOP - Gorillaz construction next year. And if RHCP will do festivals, instead of their own (indoor) headline shows... 

Pixies - Pearl Jam

Royal Blood - Metallica

Twenty One Pilots - Gorlliaz

Liam Gallagher - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala

Edit: Poor Strokes sales makes me think they might not be returning but with contracts and stuff who knows

Edited by Aech
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Aech said:

Pixies - Pearl Jam

Royal Blood - Metallica

Twenty One Pilots - Gorlliaz

Liam Gallagher - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala

Although it will probably make a lot of people happy, this lineup will have me skipping RW next year. It would be a bit...bland? I respect everyone who thinks otherwise of course. 

(Maybe this year's insane Primavera lineup spoiled me a bit I guess.) 

Edited by lighthouse
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Although it will probably make a lot of people happy, this lineup will have me skipping RW next year. It would be a bit...bland? I respect everyone who thinks otherwise of course. 

With how much Metallica tickets are and never having seen them that alone would give me half a reason to go, Tame Impala closing out the Sunday night is probably wishful thinking. 

16 hours ago, lighthouse said:

It's an easy sell out though. But otherwise, with this main line up, they need to ace the Barn line-up with the likes of Yorke, Massive Attack, The National of sorts. 

• Like 1