Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

Sorry guys! It seems that the original plans, just as last week, are on hold. Don’t know why. But it can not take that long anymore. It would be weird if Cave will not be in Werchter for example, and he likes to announce asap (was the first announcement of 2018 too). 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Sorry guys! It seems that the original plans, just as last week, are on hold. Don’t know why. But it can not take that long anymore. It would be weird if Cave will not be in Werchter for example, and he likes to announce asap (was the first announcement of 2018 too). 

So Nick Cave again? I was expecting him for Pukkelpop, since he played RW already in 2018....

Maybe we can ask The Killers to get our full set of 2018 headliners back 😄

But if RW will keep all their headliners, where is Nick Cave going to play?

Switching Faith No More to the Metallica day and do a super saturday with Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Nick Cave? But this feels like overkill

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@Ken19

Can you rule out whether RATM are coming to Europe June 2022?

I guess there are not enough festivals in mid june 2022, that have a spare headliner spot.

Zegut said Metallica would be the final headliner for Hellfest and other festivals like Download or Rock am Ring already have all their headliners announced. I hope they will reschedule their august/september dates, though.

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I guess there are not enough festivals in mid june 2022, that have a spare headliner spot.

Zegut said Metallica would be the final headliner for Hellfest and other festivals like Download or Rock am Ring already have all their headliners announced. I hope they will reschedule their august/september dates, though.

Metallica was on the bill for 2021, it would make sense that they move to 2022. They love Werchter and really want to tour, I think it will be concentrated around end june/start of July. 

RATM maybe end summer Europe like in 2020 and the year after RW/Hellfest/Roskilde... ? Normally without covid they were playing 2021, everybody from Werchter was really excited already when the booking was done somewhere early 2020. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Metallica, according to Zegut, will headline the SECOND Hellfest (24-26 June 2022), not the first one (17-19 June 2022). Still no idea who will replace SystemOfADown for "Hellfest 1" ...

8 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Metallica, according to Zegut, will headline the SECOND Hellfest (24-26 June 2022), not the first one (17-19 June 2022). Still no idea who will replace SystemOfADown for "Hellfest 1" ...

Metallica also for weekend 2? I thought Zegut mentioned Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses and Scorpions for the second Hellfest? Metallica would have been a candidate to play Pinkpop and Hellfest 1, but now I'm not sure who will play the first weekend in Clisson 😄

Regarding Werchter, in my opinion Metallica are a perfect fit for TW Classic/Werchter Boutique, since I haven't heard of McCartney or Taylor Swift returning in 2022....

Since we had Arctic Monkeys - Nick Cave - Noel Gallagher in 2018, I wouldn't mind The Strokes - Nick Cave - Liam Gallagher in 2022 😄 That would have been the second larger name that was missing in 2020 for the friday

Announced in 2020 and 2021:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Twenty One Pilots, Gorillaz, The Lumineers, alt-J, Pixies, Jamie xx, Royal Blood, The Strokes , Liam Gallagher, Kendrick Lamar , Twenty on Pilots , Faith No More , System Of Down , Volbeat , Placebo. 

Strong rumors:
Metallica and Nick Cave 

Officially announced: 
 Pearl Jam

What do you think we can take advantage of announced in 2020 and 2021?

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Announced in 2020 and 2021:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Twenty One Pilots, Gorillaz, The Lumineers, alt-J, Pixies, Jamie xx, Royal Blood, The Strokes , Liam Gallagher, Kendrick Lamar , Twenty on Pilots , Faith No More , System Of Down , Volbeat , Placebo. 

Strong rumors:
Metallica and Nick Cave 

Officially announced: 
 Pearl Jam

What do you think we can take advantage of announced in 2020 and 2021?

21P,Pixies, Gorillaz, FNM, Volbeat got already announced shows around Werchter time. 

Strokes playing Primavera. Will they stay in Europe until Werchter? 

SOAD can be easily ruled out. 

15 minutes ago, pete76 said:

21P,Pixies, Gorillaz, FNM, Volbeat got already announced shows around Werchter time. 

Strokes playing Primavera. Will they stay in Europe until Werchter? 

I guess FNM and Volbeat will be for Graspop. I don't think Werchter will try The Strokes (or Kendrick) a second time.

I'm more wondering what they will do with Dua Lipa, Lorde and Megan Thee Stallion. The line-up was very 90's, so they really need to do something to bring it to 2021. Having one of these three as (sub)headliner, could help. I see Jorja Smith getting more and more headline-spots, so I'm also curious if they will be able to keep her in the Barn. 

Inhaler is playing a pretty big venue in Belgium next spring. I see them moving up quite a few places on the line-up w.r.t. 2020. 

4 hours ago, EV123 said:

I guess FNM and Volbeat will be for Graspop. I don't think Werchter will try The Strokes (or Kendrick) a second time.

I'm more wondering what they will do with Dua Lipa, Lorde and Megan Thee Stallion. The line-up was very 90's, so they really need to do something to bring it to 2021. Having one of these three as (sub)headliner, could help. I see Jorja Smith getting more and more headline-spots, so I'm also curious if they will be able to keep her in the Barn. 

Inhaler is playing a pretty big venue in Belgium next spring. I see them moving up quite a few places on the line-up w.r.t. 2020. 

Volbeat and Kendrick Lamar were already confirmed for Graspop/Les Ardentes in 2021, so they can be ruled out, too.

I think Megan was about to play Roskilde if I remember correctly? Lorde did a great job in 2017, so if there is a free slot in the Barn for her, she could easily play RW again. Dua Lipa was mentioned for Pukkelpop some time ago.

I don't know how contracts work, but I can imagine you have to pay quite a huge fee to break up a contract with The Strokes.......maybe someone else can clarify?

12 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Volbeat and Kendrick Lamar were already confirmed for Graspop/Les Ardentes in 2021, so they can be ruled out, too.

I think Megan was about to play Roskilde if I remember correctly? Lorde did a great job in 2017, so if there is a free slot in the Barn for her, she could easily play RW again. Dua Lipa was mentioned for Pukkelpop some time ago.

I don't know how contracts work, but I can imagine you have to pay quite a huge fee to break up a contract with The Strokes.......maybe someone else can clarify?

I know it's unlikely, but I still have some hope for Kendrick at RW.

He's an icon, and it's the sort of artist which could put up a performance which will be marked down as an historical one at RW.

If he comes back at Glasto next year, I have some hope for him to be at Werchter, otherwise it'll probably be les Ardentes for him. 

But yeah, still unlikely sadly.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, polnico said:

I know it's unlikely, but I still have some hope for Kendrick at RW.

He's an icon, and it's the sort of artist which could put up a performance which will be marked down as an historical one at RW.

Yeah, I can still see it happening too. He just needs to release that new album... 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2021 at 6:14 AM, Jefferke said:

Thu: Pixies - Pearl Jam

Fri: Liam - Nick Cave - The Strokes

Sat: FNM - TOP - Kendrick/Gorrilaz

Sun: Placebo - Volbeat - Metallica.

Then some nice Barn heads like: The National, Beck-Disclosure, Massive Attack, Thom Yorke.

Nick Cave is in France on RW Friday

5 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Nick Cave is in France on RW Friday

27.06.2022 Cologne

29.06.2022 Berlin

01.07.2022 Eurockeennes Festival

03.07.2022 Rock Werchter?? Would be the sunday......the Red Hot Chili Peppers day.....I'm not sure if that makes sense, maybe they are switching up some days and this is the reason why it takes a few weeks longer to announce something?

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

27.06.2022 Cologne

29.06.2022 Berlin

03.07.2022 Rock Werchter?? Would be the sunday......the Red Hot Chili Peppers day.....I'm not sure if that makes sense, maybe they are switching up some days and this is the reason why it takes a few weeks longer to announce something?

Will he be 2 days in Germany going to France and back up to Belgium? 🤔 
In this image of mine I did his Tour in June so far.

nick.JPG

9 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

27.06.2022 Cologne

29.06.2022 Berlin

Well they won‘t be on the same day, that‘s for sure.

Because:

I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

- Nick Cave

• Like 3