Rock Werchter 2022

JSmurphy

17 hours ago, P.bintein said:

I start to wondering if RHCP 'll play next year. They don't play Bottlerock festival and they were one of the headliner in 2020 and 2021 (Spring). So they cancel their participation at this festival. 

Felyn Stadium Festival has been cancelled today. They don‘t sound like they‘ll bring back the RHCP in 2022.

I guess they changed their itinerary for 2022 a bit. Maby more headline shows?

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Felyn Stadium Festival has been cancelled today. They don‘t sound like they‘ll bring back the RHCP in 2022.

I guess they changed their itinerary for 2022 a bit. Maby more headline shows?

It's really strange. RHCP play regulary headlines and festivals shows (2006, 2007, 2012,...). I think they'll cancel everything but why. Kiedis jus lost his father, maybe he wants to stop to concentrate on his family. Since the last tour they said they didn't want to tour anymore. With the come back of Frusciante maybe they change their mind but time go by and finally they really want to stop (with a last album studio with Frusciante, but no tour).   

There is so many big band who want to tour next year that it's not a bad thing. 

Are we thinking...

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Tame Impala

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Gorillaz

Pearl Jam

The Strokes

Beck

Metallica 

?? 

Maybe Twenty One Pilots instead of Beck headlining?

Edited by Matt42

A headliner who is mentioned above was meant to be announced last week. But delayed, no idea why. Because of attention parklife? 
Maybe this week?
Just know that there is something coming this week also (was already in the books, nothing to do with last week) no idea who or what. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, Ken19 said:

A headliner who is mentioned above was meant to be announced last week. But delayed, no idea why. Because of attention parklife? 
Maybe this week?
Just know that there is something coming this week also (was already in the books, nothing to do with last week) no idea who or what. 

I guess this should be Twenty One Pilots because Hurricane and Open'er already reconfirmed them again for 2022?

If Werchter manages to get all the confirmed and rumored acts back in 2022 and even for the same day, can we expect a headline as follows?

Thu: Pearl Jam - Pixies

Fri: Metallica (new Hellfest rumor)

Sat: Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More

Sun: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Royal Blood

@Ken19 is there anything new you can tell us about RW and The Strokes? If Metallica ends up here, there should be no room for Strokes anymore, but I guess they won't be around for another year in 2023....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I guess this should be Twenty One Pilots because Hurricane and Open'er already reconfirmed them again for 2022?

If Werchter manages to get all the confirmed and rumored acts back in 2022 and even for the same day, can we expect a headline as follows?

Thu: Pearl Jam - Pixies

Fri: Metallica (new Hellfest rumor)

Sat: Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More

Sun: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Royal Blood

@Ken19 is there anything new you can tell us about RW and The Strokes? If Metallica ends up here, there should be no room for Strokes anymore, but I guess they won't be around for another year in 2023....

I have the same thoughts as you, but I've been dreaming that there will be a Wednesday with The Strokes and Tame Impala.

• Like 1

In 2019 after the festival ended, a questionnaire was asked to the public of the bands they wanted and Tame Impala was at the top, in 2020 there was no Tame Impala tour at the time of European festivals, in 2021 they were going to be in Europe but the RW never seemed to show very concerned about having them.

21 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

In 2019 after the festival ended, a questionnaire was asked to the public of the bands they wanted and Tame Impala was at the top.

I would be very surprised if this is the case for RW. 

If The Strokes and Kendrick can't sell enough tickets for RW, I don't see how Tame Impala would ever sell enough tickets at RW. 

If they go for a more alternative headliner, I guess they will go for much 'safer' options such as Gorillaz or Nick Cave. 

We really need a new Kendrick album too. It's been a while. Give it to us, Kenny. 

As for The Strokes: their last album actually made a little splash in terms of their popularity. (Even won a Grammy, for what that's worth). Sadly it only dropped it when the pandemic was peaking. Releasing it before the ticket sale would've helped... 

Edited by lighthouse

3 hours ago, EV123 said:

I would be very surprised if this is the case for RW. 

If The Strokes and Kendrick can't sell enough tickets for RW, I don't see how Tame Impala would ever sell enough tickets at RW. 

If they go for a more alternative headliner, I guess they will go for much 'safer' options such as Gorillaz or Nick Cave. 

Tame Impala are bigger than The Strokes.
Kendrick are bigger than Tame Impala

But I think Kendrick doesn't fit in with RW, it's my opinion.