How Many From The Poster?

Gnomicide

I mentioned on Twitter how few I saw from the 2016 poster (out on this day etc.) And got a few responses so thought I'd stick it here.

Since they changed to the posters showing limited acts and not quoting stages, how many acts from the poster did you see?

39de40e4f1ebfb879e128ebf4f3f58b2.thumb.jpg.7e08133a84aef2a790109d4883eabf77.jpg

v13.thumb.jpg.6ee430540b48fe725239b1c4feaa1693.jpg

61pmBejNxOL._AC_SY879_.thumb.jpg.e674dd1724d62ecaba41b4c3a745a377.jpg

C953CROP.thumb.png.a0aa16947f7d2a85bd94b38c06fff20a.png

1545web.thumb.png.c20f53dbcb1867ef6b751d9b2471aef9.png

My take...

2014 - 10

2015 - 2

2016 - 6 

2017 - 4

2019 - 7

2015 is a bit of a shocker, I always thought that was a good year for the lineup but clearly it must have been away from the main stages.

23 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Are we talking partially seen or whole set seen?

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Strolling past / strolling through - does that count as seeing a set?

that should be the next debate 

I've not counted ones I caught the end of but I guess if you intended to see them it would count? It's very rare I plan on seeing half a set, can only think of 2 since I've been going.

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Strolling past / strolling through - does that count as seeing a set?

that should be the next debate 

I would say that walking through a set doesn't count, for instance I wouldn't count Kanye - I was cutting across the top of the Pyramid field and could see and hear him on stage as I was heading from Acoustic to JP but I wouldn't say I've "seen" him.

I'd say you need to have watched a minimum of 4 songs or 15 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think that means I could say I saw Coldplay. Same as you, cutting across the top of the field. Nightmare trying to get through and saw(heard) 4 songs I reckon

Mine

2014 - 11

2015 - 15

2016 - 5

2017 - 12

2019 - 13

More than I thought I would have, that is just the poster. I wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me

Edited by fred quimby

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've not counted ones I caught the end of but I guess if you intended to see them it would count? It's very rare I plan on seeing half a set, can only think of 2 since I've been going.

I've caught the last few songs of certain artists to make sure I was in a good spec for the next one. I'm thinking I watched the end of Katy Perry to watch the National and the Foos.

2014 - 15

2015 - 11

2016 - 10

2017 - 13

A few of those are bands who I saw play secret sets on the Thursday in William’s Green rather than their announced set bit I’m assuming that still counts. I’m not too surprised by those numbers, 2014 was the most I’ve been at the Pyramid so makes sense that it’s first.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I guess if you intended to see them it would count? 

That'd be my definition, there are acts I missed the opening song or two I'd count because I'd managed to get there for most of it and only travel time/clashes prevented seeing the whole thing. 

2015 - 8
2016 - 8
2017 - 9
2019 - 8

I thought that was a strong line-up - though I don't seem to have seen loads that were on the poster!

Arcade Fire
Interpol
Foster the People
A bit of Rudmental (they got rained off I think)
Jake Bugg
Blondie

MGMT
Pixies
Jagwar Ma

Public Service Broadcasting

Also def saw The Horrors, Stanton Warriors and DJ Yoda who aren’t on the poster.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I would say that walking through a set doesn't count, for instance I wouldn't count Kanye - I was cutting across the top of the Pyramid field and could see and hear him on stage as I was heading from Acoustic to JP but I wouldn't say I've "seen" him.

That’s pretty much my own little guide for having ‘seen’ a set