Isle of Wight festival 2022

atomised

will be interesting to see with the events that have moved to august/september whether they stick with it or move back to may/june/july. i reckon IOW will move back but at least APE will be staying in august it looks like

hopefully a better lineup

1 minute ago, gfa said:

will be interesting to see with the events that have moved to august/september whether they stick with it or move back to may/june/july. i reckon IOW will move back but at least APE will be staying in august it looks like

hopefully a better lineup

Yeah - looks like both of those will be the case.

I think it was previously suggested last year sometime that the APE was moving to August, and so that change was probably happening regardless of COVID. IOW is definitely (currently) scheduled for June next year, as the date was confirmed by Lewis Capaldi announcing his plans for 2022.

4 hours ago, incident said:

I think it was previously suggested last year sometime that the APE was moving to August, and so that change was probably happening regardless of COVID.

I know it's not the thread but it was suggested later last year, presumably with the intention of avoiding restrictions or more time to prepare to adhere to restrictions. It worked, but they shouldn't have to try it again.

I'll be surprised if any festival moves permanently to late summer. The best period for touring acts is end of May to mid-July. I guess that doesn't matter much to IOW as they don't book very many international artists nowadays but generally speaking, it should see everything go back to normal.

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, incident said:

Not officially announced, and I doubt will be until after the festival takes place in September, but this gave the game away:

A little more good news.... he is busy for glasto weekend next year..... 😄