Line up announced

Saint17

22 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Next batch of bands and stage splits coming 2moro at 6pm!!

on another note… anyone know what the deal is with camping is?  It’s our first time here and taking the kids so need to make sure we’re in family campsite.  Is it just first come first or can you book?

First come first served in general camping…..there’s plenty of space in the family camping area.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

First come first served in general camping…..there’s plenty of space in the family camping area.

Cheers mate, first camping festival with the kids, hoping they’re well entertained 😬 

delighted with the cribs getting added!  Can we expect another batch of bands or is that usually the last one? 

• 5 weeks later...

Day splits are here 

An incredible number of potential clashes - really hoping there's some staggering going on with the times. 

Cribs / Supergrass / Sherlocks is a brutal one for me. Cribs 100% if I can get to see Supergrass at Glastonbury. If not I'm not sure. 

Would've preferred Pale Waves Sunday night but Stereophonics are always a must see for me. 

So many smaller bands - Working Men's Club, Mysterines, Zuzu. That run of Spinn, Abbie Ozard and Lauran Hibberd on Sunday is excellent. Thursday is a quietly good day too.

Only thing missing for me is a decent Sunday headliner but may just watch Bastille and give them a chance 

Screenshot_20220429-183302_Lite.jpg

• 2 months later...

Can anyone highlight any psychedelic style bands I might not have heard of on this lineup? Working on my playlist, particularly liked the Orielles sound, the rest of my playlist is mostly classic guitar indie! 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, EMorgz92 said:

Can anyone highlight any psychedelic style bands I might not have heard of on this lineup? Working on my playlist, particularly liked the Orielles sound, the rest of my playlist is mostly classic guitar indie! 

Harks are on the psychedelic side, I like what I’ve heard anyway 👏🏻

20 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm getting pretty excited for this now we're a couple of weeks away. Loads of bands I like, seen most before but it's a great concentration of both newer and older acts.

Ditto - loads on the line up to keep me entertained and dare I say it, a bit more appealing to me than the Glastonbury line up was 

59 minutes ago, Digi said:

Ditto - loads on the line up to keep me entertained and dare I say it, a bit more appealing to me than the Glastonbury line up was 

I try to do two festivals when possible - Glastonbury + one other like Kendal, meaning Glastonbury can be more about the experience and I can get through loads of bands at the other one. Even if Glastonbury had a huge lineup of stuff I wanted, I wouldn't get to see any more of it with clashes and distance anyway. I love with Kendal you can walk a couple of minutes and be watching the next band

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I try to do two festivals when possible - Glastonbury + one other like Kendal, meaning Glastonbury can be more about the experience and I can get through loads of bands at the other one. Even if Glastonbury had a huge lineup of stuff I wanted, I wouldn't get to see any more of it with clashes and distance anyway. I love with Kendal you can walk a couple of minutes and be watching the next band

Totally agree. I go to Glastonbury for the experience. I probably saw less than 10 bands the whole time I was there and some of those were just part sets, but had a great time bimbling and spending time with my mates. Kendal I go to for the music though. I love the fact its so compact and you can bounce from stage to stage really quickly - even in mud!

Let's hope the weather holds up! 😳🤞

On 7/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, mccarthy937 said:

Hey first time at Kendal this year do they release a app with stage times on or anything?

and what are the chances of secret sets at Tim peaks diner? And are they announced prior to the day

Last time I went in 2018 it was a lanyard you got on site - was there an app in 2019 anyone?

Not sure on the Tim Peaks thing - I was walking past at around 11.30pm last time and The Charlatans were doing an acoustic set that I'd heard nothing about! 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, mccarthy937 said:

Hey first time at Kendal this year do they release a app with stage times on or anything?

and what are the chances of secret sets at Tim peaks diner? And are they announced prior to the day

No….no app or line up timings…..just a ludicrously expensive lanyard that falls apart in the first day 😬

17 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Last time I went in 2018 it was a lanyard you got on site - was there an app in 2019 anyone?

Not sure on the Tim Peaks thing - I was walking past at around 11.30pm last time and The Charlatans were doing an acoustic set that I'd heard nothing about! 

No app in 2019 and just the lanyard that you buy once you're in 

Pretty sure nothing gets formally announced at Tim Peaks - just the usual rumours that filter around and occasional hints if follow Tim's twitter.  We were just in the right place at the right time to catch The Coral one year and The Charlatans (think it might have been the same year)

17 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Weekend made for me there. My two must sees back to back instead of the same time!! 

This pleases me muchly 🙂

• 2 months later...