Jump to content

The Landed Festival 2021.


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've messed up and realise that I've double booked a week away in Dorset with Mrs GH at the same time as Landed.  So I'll have to pass on Landed.  However it means I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested.

Edited by grumpyhack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, timespeedsup said:

Have booked myself, first time there, and it'll be first fest in 22 months if it happens. Who'd have thought?

I haven't heard that it's not going ahead, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. If it does go ahead and it's dry then you'll have a fab festival. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 10:38 PM, grumpyhack said:

I've messed up and realise that I've double booked a week away in Dorset with Mrs GH at the same time as Landed.  So I'll have to pass on Landed.  However it means I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested.

Sorry to hear that grumpy. It's so annoying when one double books. I've done it many a time.

If I hear of anybody after a ticket I'll PM you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 7:58 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't heard that it's not going ahead, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. If it does go ahead and it's dry then you'll have a fab festival

Entirely expecting it to happen. Couple of nights in a tent the weekend gone, not lost the skills. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Entirely expecting it to happen. Couple of nights in a tent the weekend gone, not lost the skills. 😁

Practice makes perfect.

I have never yet had anything but a good time at Landed. You'd really have to go out of your way for that to happen. In fact, i think it may be impossible.

If you see a van like this (see below) which will be trading shite that I have made etc, then please feel free to call over and say hello. I, of course, will havwe forgotten all about this invbite by then, and will think you some sort of weirdo. If you wouldn't mind then explaining to me whio you are, I'm firmly of the belief that we can both have a good natter. And maybe a drink, or two.

See you there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Practice makes perfect.

I have never yet had anything but a good time at Landed. You'd really have to go out of your way for that to happen. In fact, i think it may be impossible.

If you see a van like this (see below) which will be trading shite that I have made etc, then please feel free to call over and say hello. I, of course, will havwe forgotten all about this invbite by then, and will think you some sort of weirdo. If you wouldn't mind then explaining to me whio you are, I'm firmly of the belief that we can both have a good natter. And maybe a drink, or two.

See you there?

 

IMG_0301.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2021 at 12:22 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Practice makes perfect.

I have never yet had anything but a good time at Landed. You'd really have to go out of your way for that to happen. In fact, i think it may be impossible.

If you see a van like this (see below) which will be trading shite that I have made etc, then please feel free to call over and say hello. I, of course, will havwe forgotten all about this invbite by then, and will think you some sort of weirdo. If you wouldn't mind then explaining to me whio you are, I'm firmly of the belief that we can both have a good natter. And maybe a drink, or two.

See you there?

Nice van. We may indeed attempt a wierd chat once there. Yup only heard good things about the fest. Seems well set up for the ravers, but there's enough for those who don't set foot in a dance tent too? I'm happy either way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timespeedsup said:

Nice van. We may indeed attempt a wierd chat once there. Yup only heard good things about the fest. Seems well set up for the ravers, but there's enough for those who don't set foot in a dance tent too? I'm happy either way. 

There's a large marquee with live music too, plus a small stage which is open mic. There's also a poetry tent - which my wife was ejected from the last time the festival was on. She was thoroughly pissed and wanted to do some poetry, so decided to try to get up on the stage. The organisers were trying to say that it wasn't open mic and that people had been pre-selected etc. However, my wife can go barmy with the drink, and on this occasion had to be escorted out of the tent. However, please don't worry that the festival is like that or that my wife is always like that. The people who got her to leave were very cordial and polite. It really does have a laid back atmosphere.

In addition to the above it's located in a beautiful setting, there's no moodiness to worry about, and there's even a duck race down the river that runs through the site on the Sunday. 

There's also a cafe tent plus a few food outlets dotted around.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 10:38 PM, grumpyhack said:

I've messed up and realise that I've double booked a week away in Dorset with Mrs GH at the same time as Landed.  So I'll have to pass on Landed.  However it means I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested.

Hi Grumpy,
if you've still got that ticket going spare then I'd be interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Hi Grumpy,
if you've still got that ticket going spare then I'd be interested. 

Great.  You're welcome @Losing my hair  I have it as an E Ticket in my name Peter Thomas.  It cost me £90 plus a £9 booking fee.  I assume I could just e-mail forward it on to you.  It has a bar code and the normal thing is that they check the bar code which shows that person has checked in and then won't allow anyone else in on that bar code.  I know @Yoghurt on a Stick is going - see pic of his van earlier in the thread.  Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Losing my hair  I've e-mailed you my bank details and will forward the ticket when the money is in.  I hope you enjoy Landed and meeting up with Yog.  Hopefully we'll get together at Green Man (fingers still crossed for a Covid go ahead).  Cheers Grumpy (aka Pete).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, timespeedsup said:

Time for a bump, two weeks away now and tickets still available. 

psytrance stage just announced too, very tasty:FB_IMG_1626469167457.thumb.jpg.266312102b025980918839fe8d78b705.jpg

Hello timespeedsup,

I'm surprised that there are tickets still available, with the dearth of festivals taking place this summer. 

Anyway, it looks very much like it's still going ahead. I've already recently had to provide the organisers with a covid risk assessment. I now need to provide public liability insurance. Once I've done that we will be able to enter the site (on the Thursday) and then trade from the Friday until the Sunday night. However, we will be haunting the psytrance stage in the late evenings / night times. 

See you there - hopefully. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 11:54 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello timespeedsup,

I'm surprised that there are tickets still available, with the dearth of festivals taking place this summer. 

Anyway, it looks very much like it's still going ahead. I've already recently had to provide the organisers with a covid risk assessment. I now need to provide public liability insurance. Once I've done that we will be able to enter the site (on the Thursday) and then trade from the Friday until the Sunday night. However, we will be haunting the psytrance stage in the late evenings / night times. 

See you there - hopefully. 🙂

Yes indeed, all looking promising, just 10 days now. 

Finally realised it continues across Sunday. Thought it was a 2 dayer. Extra leave booked. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Yes indeed, all looking promising, just 10 days now. 

Finally realised it continues across Sunday. Thought it was a 2 dayer. Extra leave booked. 😁

As we are trading, we are obliged to get there on the Thursday after 1pm sometime, and are also obliged to stay until the Monday. That doesn't bother us though, as that's how long we wanted it to be. I have got shit loads to organise before then though, in terms of being able to 'be' a trader. I'm still making stuff to sell because I've given away loads of the stuff that I had originally lined up for there. On top of that there's the sorting of tables, lighting etc etc. However, it will be fun once we are set up.

Good call on the extra leave. You'll thank yourself for that come Monday.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not long now. Come on, come to daddy!

Yup, almost touching distance. Been listening to the various smaller acts, presumably pretty local so never heard of them, but very promising. Getting an Alchemy festival buzz off this one, did you ever go to that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Yup, almost touching distance. Been listening to the various smaller acts, presumably pretty local so never heard of them, but very promising. Getting an Alchemy festival buzz off this one, did you ever go to that?

Yes, not long to go, and I have a shit load of preparation to do. I'm trying to get into a Zen state about it. To be honest it's not just the stall aspect, but organising everything else in our lives (me and my wife) to enable us to go without worrying about having forgotten some major element that we should have dealt with.

Not sure on the music front, as I haven't looked into any of the acts. I do know that when we went one year, my stepson also drove down because there was one particular DJ that he wanted to see / listen to. Apparently the DJ normally plays massive venues and commands a very high fee. My stepson tried to see him when he was playing in Berlin (which was where my stepson was living at that time). The entrance fee to see this DJ (and other DJ's) was about the equivalent of £50. Anyway, he never got in - apparently he wasn't dressed trendily enough according to the bouncers! 

No, I've never been to Alchemy. I've heard of it but know nothing about it ie. my memory has kind of gone on that front. That said, I have a vague recollection that it might be the festival where the organiser just fucked off with all the money one year and there was no festival. Not sure about that one, so apologies to the organisers if that one is wrong. 

See you soon. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

Name that DJ? I stand to be impressed. Which is not how I'm feeling about the weather forecast. Does it get windy there? Trying to convince myself it's still good weather for the first festy of the year. Almost there...... 

It is Wales - it will be windy and wet................................ but we hope it might not be as bad as first thought.

The worst looks like it is going overnight Thursday into Friday and gone by noonish Friday.

It will be cool though - the wind will be off the river so will pick up the cooler temperature from that.

I intend to dance to kep warm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 2:53 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, not long to go, and I have a shit load of preparation to do. I'm trying to get into a Zen state about it. To be honest it's not just the stall aspect, but organising everything else in our lives (me and my wife) to enable us to go without worrying about having forgotten some major element that we should have dealt with.

See you soon. 🙂

Did you two make it ? and is the weather holding up ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...