There is always that one performance that can take you back.

shuttlep

Has to be a toss up between Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (sadly no decent recording of his Glasto performance but this is a London concert) and this barnstormer by The Who which just builds superbly.

Edited by grumpyhack

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Did it as a watch party last year with group that was at the set.  Lovely stuff.

The great thing about the set is that instead of bringing out their usual live recording of that tour, they released Woman Worldwide, the studio recorded version of the tour set. And it's quite possibly my favourite Justice album, purely for the memories of that Sunday night. I saw them a few other times on the Woman tour and they were all great but the West Holts set was really special

I've got loads, I rewatch a number of them time and time again. Elbow, Stones (my favourite I was at but doesn't come across as well on the tv) U2, Coldplay '11, Sheryl Crow.... but the one that really does it is...

53 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've said this to @Gnomicide in the past. I'm not even a big fan but that afternoon in that tent was special.

And like @vintagelaureate, I'm not a big Killers fan. I've not got any of their records, the only other time I've seen the live before or since was also at Glastonbury but man alive, the very definition of banger after banger. What an atmosphere. 

57 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Bottom lip did wibble 

Got to agree with that. Watched the whole set a few days ago. What made it memorable was it opening the other stage, after all the trials and tribulations of the horrendous traffic and mud. Watching James, and Michael Eavis introducing them was the perfect start to the music. 

Think I’ll watch it again!