Jump to content

Camping at Worthy Farm


stuie
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just a few days before - to be precise Tue, 10 Aug, 15:10 (7 days ago)

So if you're staying this weekend, it could arrive in a few minutes. 

Ta!  Full Glasto kit packed in preparation for all weathers with a few luxuries such as quilted sleeping bags. added

incredibly just as I’m typing this an e Mail alert from them has arrived.  !  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta!  Full Glasto kit packed in preparation for all weathers with a few luxuries such as quilted sleeping bags. added

incredibly just as I’m typing this an e Mail alert from them has arrived.  !  

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

https://www.sealskinz.com/collections/socks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

https://www.sealskinz.com/collections/socks

Cheers for that. Boots and wellies packed. Seems we are in Jersey ground which is quite a coincidence since we just returned from a week’s holiday in Jersey! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

https://www.sealskinz.com/collections/socks

It's a weird thing with even expensive boots that the true test of 100% waterproof footwear isnt the Glastonbury mud or puddles but the continual walking through very damp grass that is the true test.

I've owned expensive boots in the past that have failed this test. Very annoying. A good shout though mate and very appropriate to raise during this autumnal August!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

It's a weird thing with even expensive boots that the true test of 100% waterproof footwear isnt the Glastonbury mud or puddles but the continual walking through very damp grass that is the true test.

I've owned expensive boots in the past that have failed this test. Very annoying. A good shout though mate and very appropriate to raise during this autumnal August!

 

There's so much more long grass at Worthy Pastures compared to Glastonbury Festival. You think you know that land, but unless you've visited outside the festival before you only know it in a very specific way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's so much more long grass at Worthy Pastures compared to Glastonbury Festival. You think you know that land, but unless you've visited outside the festival before you only know it in a very specific way.

Yes, walked the site many times pre pandemic restrictions and interesting to see fields such as spring ground in crop and sometimes hard to imagine where things are in festival time .  The railway walk is the best way to get your bearings.  And the covered up long drops! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, walked the site many times pre pandemic restrictions and interesting to see fields such as spring ground in crop and sometimes hard to imagine where things are in festival time .  The railway walk is the best way to get your bearings.  And the covered up long drops! 

Yes, I used the long drops to find a particular place known to people on this forum. Can you guess where it is?

Edit: I'm stood roughly on the place I'm talking about, not looking at it.

PXL_20210815_122325938.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

https://www.sealskinz.com/collections/socks

Perhaps you were more soberer this time? Maybe it was the same, but you didn’t notice before? 🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I also recommend walking/ cycling to The Wood area. The whole treetop walkway is open. 

Seconded. We even met Mr Eavis there as he tends the fire to keep it going pretty regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...