Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

5 hours ago, SamJ said:

Hey, can anyone at the campsite update on the showers? We are going later in the summer.  Is it the usual greenpeace set up?

thanks!

There's at least 50 showers for campers, probably a few more. There's a block in each camping field, or the next field along.

I've just finished my last of 3 shifts cleaning them, so if you need to know anything else give me a shout... I can safely say I know them inside out 🙂

7 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Here in north London it’s been absolutely HAMMERING it down for a few hours now.

is it raining down there in Somerset?

be interested to hear from any of you guys at WP what you’re up to in the rain? 

It rained for an hour or so at 9am, but not since 😎

The kids arts, crafts, storytelling etc is inside, and the library, and some of the pub garden is covered. And there's a big canopy in Williams Green with benchs underneath. I think that's about it. Some people have gazebos at their tents, but not sure if that's allowed every week, or just because it's quiet this weekend.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone have any more details on "the Glastonbury bell". I'm trying to plan what sleeping equipment will fit in it.

E.g. videos/photos of the inside, or at least something with humans next to it to help visualise.

I've not been in one myself, but just asked someone who has and apparently its all open plan... you go through the door and that's it. They're about 5 or 6 metres wide.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Looks like there's been a few permanent infra changes around site - that new entrance into King's being significant - has any other field entrance been given the dry stone wall with revetting treatment?

Not that I've seen. I assume that new entrance is just to close off the stones at night. 

I guess "The Beam" is fairly permanent, I think that's new???

IMG_20210725_192320_919.jpg

1 minute ago, Dziekanowski said:

Not that I've seen. I assume that new entrance is just to close off the stones at night. 

I guess "The Beam" is fairly permanent, I think that's new???

IMG_20210725_192320_919.jpg

1st appearance at the last festival 

here's a local story about the proposal 

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/19467806.glastonbury-festival-campsite-worthy-place-proposal/

27 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Looks like there's been a few permanent infra changes around site - that new entrance into King's being significant - has any other field entrance been given the dry stone wall with revetting treatment?

There’s a new wall both sides at the bottom of Muddy Lane 

This is presumably all about making crowd control easier in future..?

Or maybe about stopping peeps falling into the ditches either side?

Either way I'm always encouraged by infra investment in the site as it reinforces the possibility of it lasting another 25 years.

By which time I'll be 73...

Edited by Pinhead

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

This is presumably all about making crowd control easier in future..?

Or maybe about stopping peeps falling into the ditches either side?

Either way I'm always encouraged by infra investment in the site as it reinforces the possibility of it lasting another 25 years 🙂

25 years? They will need to put in a Zimmer frame walkway for me 

12 hours ago, Dziekanowski said:

There's at least 50 showers for campers, probably a few more. There's a block in each camping field, or the next field along.

I've just finished my last of 3 shifts cleaning them, so if you need to know anything else give me a shout... I can safely say I know them inside out 🙂

Any hairdryers or power points at the shower blocks?

15 hours ago, Dziekanowski said:

Thanks! Much easier than the usuals set up, especially with 2 kids along.  Hope you are having a great time on site as well as cleaning.  I am seeing all the photos and just longing to be there.

• Like 1

I had booked (at the opening of sales) a tent for the penultimate weekend of August, hoping to be able to come with my family from France, but clearly I was too optimistic.
Too bad the EU vaccination pass is not recognized in the UK yet. 10 days of quarantine and PCR tests for the whole family on day 2 are a too expensive price to pay, not to mention the fact that transport links between UK and France are almost non-existent at the moment.
It was certainly predictable, but I'm gutted. I hope we will be able to come back with the family next fall or spring to visit Somerset, and that it will be possible to take a small walk on Worthy Farm at that time.

Anyway, Worthy Pastures looks really nice.
Judging by the pictures seen here, everything looks so beautiful, so calm, and young and old alike seem to be enjoying themselves.
I hope all of you who are lucky enough to go will have an unforgettable time on the farm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Apologies if anyone has already asked and answered this, but does anyone know how close you are able to park in relation to the tents? Just wondering how many trips my husband is going to have to do 🤪

Depends where your tent is I guess - West Holts is parking.

Worthy_Infographic_Map-scaled.thumb.jpg.fabbe2248521e6f22df67b21020ed189.jpg

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

News stories today suggesting EU pass will work from 1st August

Thanks, fingers crossed. 🤞

I have not canceled our booking yet (I will have to do it in early August to be more than 14 days before the planned date of stay).
We must also see if the PCR tests on day 2 will still be required (our children are 5 years old and are not vaccinated), because unless I am mistaken, these are quite expensive, and it should not be easy to find a place to do these tests during the weekend in Pilton (we cannot have the test kits shipped to us as our only UK address will be Worthy Pastures).

And nearly all flights to Bristol appear to be canceled until early September...

6 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Apologies if anyone has already asked and answered this, but does anyone know how close you are able to park in relation to the tents? Just wondering how many trips my husband is going to have to do 🤪

Based on what I saw over the weekend, people could pull over to the side of the track in the field their tent was in, and unload there, before taking the car to the car park. So the most walking you'd have to do is from the road to the other side of a field (probably less than 100 metres). A lot of people were pulling over right next to their tent.

That was the case this weekend anyway, but it was very quiet. They might be a little less relaxed about where you can pull over from next week, but I'd guess it'll still be very easy.

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Are there water filling points for camper vans? 
Also, can your van move off your pitch once you’re there? 
We’d like to go into Glastonbury etc and will only have the van as a transport option. 

Think so and there is definitely a chemical waste point where the long drops are by the cider bus position.

You get a van sticker so I would assume that you can.