Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ormondroydste said:

Looks like this is confirmed for six weeks from July 20th to August 30th. WaterAid have opened volunteer applications and say the license has been granted:

https://www.wateraid.org/uk/get-involved/volunteering/festival-volunteering/volunteer-at-glastonbury#campsite

Welcome to the forum 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, august1 said:

not much incentive to work it or i'm I missing something?

It's still really unclear what it is, beyond "camping". It's it all pre-pitched? What facilities will there be? Any entertainment?

I'm well up for it in theory, but there are so many unknowns. Plus, I really want to go to The Park, but it's out of bounds 😭

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's still really unclear what it is, beyond "camping". It's it all pre-pitched? What facilities will there be? Any entertainment?

I'm well up for it in theory, but there are so many unknowns. Plus, I really want to go to The Park, but it's out of bounds 😭

As a total guess, I'd just assume it'll be like a traditional campsite, pitches and shower facilities but with a slight Glastonbury twist (long drops, painted bins and maybe some other festival decor). Somewhere that offers a place to stay and travel from. Festival-link aside, it's fantastically positioned for some great day trips. Bath and Bristol half an hour away, the Mendips, the moors and coast of Devon both within easy reach, not to mention the Tor and Glastonbury itself. I'd consider staying myself if I didn't already live half an hour away! 

Have they said which field(s) are going to be used? I wouldn't be surprised if the area around Hitchen Hill, Spring Ground and Michael's Mead is used as road access is easier and there's obviously the views of the Pyramid, which are always nice to wake up to. 

Edit: I've just seen the proposed map on page one.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You gotta be a able to wander around.. I mean I've just come back from the forest and it wouldn't be great if the said welcome to the campsite but you can't go that way or that way ect.. Everyone will head to town,, the tour and pilton pubs.. It'll be carnage.. 

They have already said...... I'M SURE I SAW IT SOMEWHERE....... That its just camping not music etc but again when you stay at any camp site people have their own music going on don't they 

Love to see more info on this.. 

16 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

You gotta be a able to wander around.. I mean I've just come back from the forest and it wouldn't be great if the said welcome to the campsite but you can't go that way or that way ect.. Everyone will head to town,, the tour and pilton pubs.. It'll be carnage.. 

They have already said...... I'M SURE I SAW IT SOMEWHERE....... That its just camping not music etc but again when you stay at any camp site people have their own music going on don't they 

Love to see more info on this.. 

Emily definitely said it's not for partying, but I'm interested if there's even going to be some kids entertainment?

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As a total guess, I'd just assume it'll be like a traditional campsite, pitches and shower facilities but with a slight Glastonbury twist (long drops, painted bins and maybe some other festival decor). Somewhere that offers a place to stay and travel from. Festival-link aside, it's fantastically positioned for some great day trips. Bath and Bristol half an hour away, the Mendips, the moors and coast of Devon both within easy reach, not to mention the Tor and Glastonbury itself. I'd consider staying myself if I didn't already live half an hour away! 

Have they said which field(s) are going to be used? I wouldn't be surprised if the area around Hitchen Hill, Spring Ground and Michael's Mead is used as road access is easier and there's obviously the views of the Pyramid, which are always nice to wake up to. 

Edit: I've just seen the proposed map on page one.

Pilton to Bristol in 30 minutes?!

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What impact does this have, if any, on the proposed September events? They almost certainly won't start any builds on stages and whatnot while there's an open campsite there. Does it push it back into mid-late September?

Was thinking that myself, though it would depend where the campsite is located and the pyramid field cordoned off. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

It sounds lovely and a great way for them to make some cash, but won't be one for me I don't think. Not much of a camper outside of festivals! Hope people here manage to get tickets who want them, though. Interested to see how much it costs and whether it will be hard to get them.

Honing up my f5 technique in anticipation. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It sounds lovely and a great way for them to make some cash, but won't be one for me I don't think. Not much of a camper outside of festivals! Hope people here manage to get tickets who want them, though. Interested to see how much it costs and whether it will be hard to get them.

I'm not sure if people will be put off by the pre-erected tents? Most of who I know that love to camp, like to use their own, along with many home comforts. I'd imagine it also jacks the price somewhat. I'm sure it'll all work out, the novelty of it being on the festival site alone will be enough to sell it, I'm sure

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm not sure if people will be put off by the pre-erected tents? Most of who I know that love to camp, like to use their own, along with many home comforts. I'd imagine it also jacks the price somewhat. I'm sure it'll all work out, the novelty of it being on the festival site alone will be enough to sell it, I'm sure

Yeah good point. Pre-erected tents would be a plus for me as don't have a car (although we always take our own for the festival) but "proper" campers might not be into that.