Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I bet that map corresponds well to the extent and boundaries of the Worthy Farm landholding (for future reference).

I think you’re right. It doesn’t look too far off the layout of the earlier festivals before they started really expanding, such as 1986 here:

image.thumb.jpeg.f9afb6075c1fe3f6829eedb0ccc3c361.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I fear it’s gonna kick off … More likely in here than old Trafford 

Game postponed, but if Liverpool fans want to see one of their ex players turning on the style just take a look at Ryan Kents performance for Rangers earlier today, he tore the opposition apart😉😁

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ThomasT said:

It wouldn't be that bad because there'd be nowhere near the amount of feet churning it up. 

When I said that, I thought they were doing this every year, so I was thinking about how the land would be a month after the festival.

I guess we're likely to find out how the site copes with bad weather with campers there. I think we'll probably be fine, judging by the size of the car park, hardly anyone will be there.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When I said that, I thought they were doing this every year, so I was thinking about how the land would be a month after the festival.

I guess we're likely to find out how the site copes with bad weather with campers there. I think we'll probably be fine, judging by the size of the car park, hardly anyone will be there.

So it probably won’t be worth starting a ground conditions thread and asking  @deebeedoobeefor daily updates. 

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How many tents will be there?

a) <500

b) 501-1000

c) >1000

Booked in for three nights in August, despite my concerns that ‘family friendly’ means that child-loathing me will be woken up by other people’s little Johnny and little Octavia at 6am... funny how there’s always a nighttime noise curfew but not an early morning one... 

5 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Booked in for three nights in August, despite my concerns that ‘family friendly’ means that child-loathing me will be woken up by other people’s little Johnny and little Octavia at 6am... funny how there’s always a nighttime noise curfew but not an early morning one... 

3 hours ago, ThomasT said:

Kids wake up early especially when you're in a tent and it's broad daylight. Other than gagging them I'm not sure how you'd keep them quiet. If you don't want a night time noise curfew maybe don't go camping -especially to a site that advertises itself as being family-friendly. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Looks like Octavia’s dad is called Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ThomasT said:

Just pointing out the bleeding obvious.

FWIW I'm from a working class background who just happens to have a child who likes camping and we're in that area at that time. Worthy Pastures is for family camping. Not sure why that makes me some kind of upper middle class prick. It's also not my fault that you might not be able to go to Ibiza this year. 

If you’re from a working class background why have you called your daughter Octavia?🪝🪝

• Upvote 1

Just now, ThomasT said:

Why am I being piled on here? That's what Twitter's for. 

Dickheads. 

You're not! You (correctly) leapt to the defense of a campsite billed as being family friendly for having family friendly policies.

But the context (being the very next comment) and the strength of your defense made the suggestion that you were the father of the fictitious child funny. It's also funny because it's so tenuous - there's very little in your post to link you to the archetype described.

It makes it even funnier when we treat you having a daughter with a posh name as being the only established fact, since the point of the original joke was rooted in how unlikely it was that: a) such a child actually existed. b) you are her father.

We're not laughing at you, or criticising your position we're laughing at the ridiculous setup and the mental image of made up child having a real parent.  Although to be fair, your subsequent indignation does make it a bit funnier.

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, ThomasT said:

This site used to be good and positive. Now I realise that was before social media really took off and spawned a legion of arseholes. Shame.

It’s still a lot better than the vast majority of the internet and definitely a better place to spend time than social media. 

FWIW, as a fellow parent who enjoys camping I totally agreed with your point! I read the replies more as comedy than criticism, but I’m not the one being replied to. 

I’d suggest taking a short break offline tbh, always helps me.