Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’m going through the pre fest worrying check the weather anxiety! 

Its got quite chilly at night here and Im in a house!! Being layers and blankets!! 
As others have said the ground is damp so stuff to sit on!! 
it hasn’t rained alot but neither have we had alot of daytime sun to dry things or warm things up!! 
seem to be getting sun in the evenings though

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling has to hasn’t
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its got quite chilly at night here and Im in a house!! Being layers and blankets!! 
As others have said the ground is damp so stuff to sit on!! 
it hasn’t rained alot but neither have we had alot of daytime sun to dry things or warm things up!! 
seem to be getting sun in the evenings though

Have camped in the lake district in late September so ready for a bit  of cold and damp.  Got throws to line the sleeping bags.   Also have spare bits of ground sheet to keep the dampness off equipment. All systems go and leaving tomorrow evening for an overnight drive , breakfast at brewers Fayre , a wander around the town then off to the farm for 11 check in.  Military precision planning. 😉

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Have camped in the lake district in late September so ready for a bit  of cold and damp.  Got throws to line the sleeping bags.   Also have spare bits of ground sheet to keep the dampness off equipment. All systems go and leaving tomorrow evening for an overnight drive , breakfast at brewers Fayre , a wander around the town then off to the farm for 11 check in.  Military precision planning. 😉

or you've done it before 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A lot of people staying at the campsite are saying there’s something special about these fields.

I know! My father used to say that too you know, when we were kids and we wanted to go to Burnham on Sea or somewhere. He’d say, “Why do you need to go away on holiday? This is such a special place. There’s no point going anywhere else.”

No one tell him his Dad just didn't want to take them to Burnham on Sea

Just now, fred quimby said:

A lot of people staying at the campsite are saying there’s something special about these fields.

I know! My father used to say that too you know, when we were kids and we wanted to go to Burnham on Sea or somewhere. He’d say, “Why do you need to go away on holiday? This is such a special place. There’s no point going anywhere else.”

No one tell him his Dad just didn't want to take them to Burnham on Sea

Why would anyone want to go to Burnham-on-Sea? 

3 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Chucking it down with rain here. Hope the Worthy Farm force field does it's stuff.

Been an odd day today , I am about half hour drive away. Glorious sunshine with fluffy clouds and warmth that makes you want to be outside, then dark pissing it down and having to put sleeves on. Nightmare to plan for with kids on holiday

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

great.  you can just hear his wonderful soft spoken accent as you read it , something so very comforting about it! 

20 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Arrived an hour ago … currently sheltering in a surprisingly spacious 2 man tent waiting for the rain to stop for long enough to make the 30ft trek to the car!

B73ECBF9-2ADA-4E9C-BE78-974B87D6B825.thumb.jpeg.869335c8da88fb34d7ff9acfe5a2e8c4.jpeg

Unload car then park it in car park?  Getting ready to leave home, car packed, extra wellies added, waterproof trousers, those see through mushroom shaped umbrellas  , the full Glasto bad weather protection kit.  Hope the bar has shelter. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Yep - car currently parked on track running through camping field.  Has been there for a couple of hours - no one has complained yet!  Rain has turned into a slow drizzle now and sun is  breaking through so we’re off to unload and move to proper car park.  Not found the bar yet but that’s next on the list!

Ta.  Just 460 miles for us to go! 

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Hope you had a safe trip down!

Hope everyone whos there this weekend has a wonderful time, rain or shine 🙂

Just had our first wander about the site ,and first beer  it’s utterly magical being back on the farm.  And seeing all the kids enjoying themselves. Got a pyramid view from the tent and had my first experience of the compost lavs as they are always too busy during the festival 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just had our first wander about the site ,and first beer  it’s utterly magical being back on the farm.  And seeing all the kids enjoying themselves. Got a pyramid view from the tent and had my first experience of the compost lavs as they are always too busy during the festival 

Sounds fab!! Looking forward to some photos if (lol WHEN!) you take some 🙂