Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

https://www.sealskinz.com/collections/socks

Cheers for that. Boots and wellies packed. Seems we are in Jersey ground which is quite a coincidence since we just returned from a week’s holiday in Jersey! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One word of warning - I was wearing boots that survived 2016 (Or a fresh pair of the same kind, can't remember).  I've happily waded through puddles with no ill effects, but they ended up soaked at Worthy Pastures.  How?  DEW!

Wandering around the long grass of Kings Meadow late at night deposited drips of water down into my boots, rendering them unusable for the rest of the festival.  I probably should have packed a pair or two of these, but didn't think I'd need to given the weather report and my previously reliable boots.

It's a weird thing with even expensive boots that the true test of 100% waterproof footwear isnt the Glastonbury mud or puddles but the continual walking through very damp grass that is the true test.

I've owned expensive boots in the past that have failed this test. Very annoying. A good shout though mate and very appropriate to raise during this autumnal August!

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

It's a weird thing with even expensive boots that the true test of 100% waterproof footwear isnt the Glastonbury mud or puddles but the continual walking through very damp grass that is the true test.

I've owned expensive boots in the past that have failed this test. Very annoying. A good shout though mate and very appropriate to raise during this autumnal August!

There's so much more long grass at Worthy Pastures compared to Glastonbury Festival. You think you know that land, but unless you've visited outside the festival before you only know it in a very specific way.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's so much more long grass at Worthy Pastures compared to Glastonbury Festival. You think you know that land, but unless you've visited outside the festival before you only know it in a very specific way.

Yes, walked the site many times pre pandemic restrictions and interesting to see fields such as spring ground in crop and sometimes hard to imagine where things are in festival time .  The railway walk is the best way to get your bearings.  And the covered up long drops! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, walked the site many times pre pandemic restrictions and interesting to see fields such as spring ground in crop and sometimes hard to imagine where things are in festival time .  The railway walk is the best way to get your bearings.  And the covered up long drops! 

Yes, I used the long drops to find a particular place known to people on this forum. Can you guess where it is?

Edit: I'm stood roughly on the place I'm talking about, not looking at it.

PXL_20210815_122325938.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Perhaps you were more soberer this time? Maybe it was the same, but you didn’t notice before? 🤭