Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Butts Long Field

That seems to be be main one they fill, lots of the others were empty until the weekend or just empty..

I'd guess site occupancy was 10-15% on Weds/Thurs this week and big numbers arrived Friday evening but still not full by any stretch.

Shame they couldn't have upgraded us to a bigger tent, as we had a row of empty scout tents staring at us in plumleys paddock from our 2 man tent 😂.

Edited by august1

If the two man scout tents are identical as the ones at Worthy View then a good hint is to take a spare piece of groundsheet for the small porch part of the tent.  A good place to store wellies chairs etc, prevent any dampness getting to them and tramping mud into the inner tent.   Essential if the weather is wet.  Unless of course that’s been added to the tents since we last stayed in them. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If the two man scout tents are identical as the ones at Worthy View then a good hint is to take a spare piece of groundsheet for the small porch part of the tent.  A good place to store wellies chairs etc, prevent any dampness getting to them and tramping mud into the inner tent.   Essential if the weather is wet.  Unless of course that’s been added to the tents since we last stayed in them. 

Good shout, added to the list. Ta

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ll take a pic and post it shortly (if I can figure out what the two man look like)

8 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

I think i read somewhere they have a sunday market as well!! Looks soo good!!! 

Sunday market was a bit disappointing, it was the Glastonbury postcards stall, then 5-6 random stalls selling belts, jewellery, kids clothes, mugs, non of it Glastonbury related

14 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Forecast looks good. Occasional shower. This place is lush. Just sat having dinner 

I'd recommend the fish and chip stall, although things got a bit ragged with them later at night so have it early evening.

The guys at the pasta place are really friendly and happy to hold stuff back for late arrivals, adjust recipes.

If you want to do any of the games in the charities field, do it before the site gets busy on the weekend.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think it’s these. Didn’t unzip it incase it had residents 😂

87EB963D-1840-49A8-A98F-9CE7FC4D52DC.jpeg

Edited by March Hare
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, august1 said:

I'd recommend the fish and chip stall, although things got a bit ragged with them later at night so have it early evening.

The guys at the pasta place are really friendly and happy to hold stuff back for late arrivals, adjust recipes.

If you want to do any of the games in the charities field, do it before the site gets busy on the weekend.

Great tips. Had the pasta tonight which was lovely. And you’re spot on,  proper friendly staff. 

17 hours ago, august1 said:

234661647_869048433713426_4150774087062972810_n.jpg

Interesting, don’t remember having a partition in the two person  scout tent  that we’ve stayed in at Worthy View.  I assume it rolls up if not needed, there are occasions when it might be a bit of an inconvenience 😉.  Then again after a curry........

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Interesting, don’t remember having a partition in the two person  scout tent  that we’ve stayed in at Worthy View.  I assume it rolls up if not needed, there are occasions when it might be a bit of an inconvenience 😉.  Then again after a curry........

You can detach the partition, can easily fit a double airbed on one side of it though and have all your stuff other side so worked quite well.