Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

1 hour ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

Does anyone know if they’re allowing glass bottles on site? Glass isn’t on the ‘banned’ list … there’s an FAQ about glass being allowed in campervans but not sure about regular campers 🤔

Yes, they were plenty of people with glass there, an odd sight compared to the festival! There was glass bottle recycling around the site so they were clearly happy with it.

A question about the "quiet time". I believe they shut Kings Meadow at night (10 or 11?). But when does it open again? Some of my fondest memories of the festival have been seeing the sun break over the horizon from The Stone Circle. I' m guessing this isn't going to be possible and the field won't reopen until well into the next morning?

Are there any other spots up on the hill where I might be able to watch the sun rise?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A question about the "quiet time". I believe they shut Kings Meadow at night (10 or 11?). But when does it open again? Some of my fondest memories of the festival have been seeing the sun break over the horizon from The Stone Circle. I' m guessing this isn't going to be possible and the field won't reopen until well into the next morning?

Are there any other spots up on the hill where I might be able to watch the sun rise?

As far as I can tell it doesn't shut but there is no light (pitch black) in the field or field before so its very unappealing in the dark. 

Apparently people gather at 4 am for sunrise up here. They just don't want it being an overnighter. 

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's open and, if it's not been raining heavily there is a fire. It's much like it is at the festival but more chilled. I'm not sure how late it goes on but it was still busy (30ish) up there until about 1am. I also hear people go up there for the sunrise. 

15 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

What are the food options on site? Trying to plan what to take and wondering if it’s better to take some food with us, or just get everything when we’re there. 

Quite a few listed on site...

https://worthypastures.com/facilities/

1 hour ago, wilko8 said:

What are the food options on site? Trying to plan what to take and wondering if it’s better to take some food with us, or just get everything when we’re there. 

Planning here too. Lack of fridge/ice pack freezing will limit what we can bring and cook/prepare on site 

2 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Planning here too. Lack of fridge/ice pack freezing will limit what we can bring and cook/prepare on site 

Can you not freeze stuff and leave it in a cool box full of ice in car if it gets too heavy … that should give stuff a good few days life at the festival I still get ice cold cider on the Sunday of the festival 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Quite a few listed on site...

https://worthypastures.com/facilities/

Its not as much as you would think in reality.  That said, being there for the week, it got a bit samey after day 4 or so.  I would deffo take some contingency matter.

As a few have already said, give The Crown in Pilton a look.  The beer garden is ace and they have pizza / smoker etc but may be worth belling them to check what is on at any given time.  If you are of a walking persuasion, you can walk to The Crown from Worthy Pastures without going miles out of your way.

The Gyros Kebap from the Pyramid is mega.  FWIW

Edited by Jay Pee

I did a decent pub crawl in Glastonbury and enjoyed some local Shanter in the King Arthur. Seems to attract characters plus good beers from the Bristol Beer Factory. 

Unfortunately, buses to and from Glastonbury  - Pilton are ran by Frome Buses and are quite erratic. Would be better off with a taxi if no designated driver.

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can you not freeze stuff and leave it in a cool box full of ice in car if it gets too heavy … that should give stuff a good few days life at the festival I still get ice cold cider on the Sunday of the festival 

That's one of the options on the table 😁

Strange Glastonbury Experience number 307.

As i was on site on the Tuesday prepping for arrivals on Wednesday, i was sat up at the Stone Circle relaxing and doing my lateral flow test of all things! Makes a change from what is usually going up peoples noses in that locale.

I heard some noises and peered across as a couple of Deer came leaping down the field.  Was quite a moment.  Think they were heading to the Park Stage for *insert appropriate act name here.

A nice joyful moment.  Also took a video.

Deer Deer.jpg

• Upvote 7