Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

7 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I was still emailing about volunteering last week (direct with Worthy Pastures) but there was no place for me. 😭

Someone I know, his name is Joel, is down there with WaterAid. Looks brilliant.

I am pretty sure that WaterAid were / are still taking people on due to people having to change their plans and not attend.  I think i met Joel.  Was he on the cleaning crews?

25 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I am pretty sure that WaterAid were / are still taking people on due to people having to change their plans and not attend.  I think i met Joel.  Was he on the cleaning crews?

Yeah, I couldn't do the 6 days straight with WaterAid, I asked for two splits of 4... 

I'm not sure... I've seen a photo of him reading the library? He is a great guy to talk to!

13 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah, I couldn't do the 6 days straight with WaterAid, I asked for two splits of 4... 

I'm not sure... I've seen a photo of him reading the library? He is a great guy to talk to!

You sure that wasn't me in the library?  I got absolutely smashed on the bedtime reading.

Heckled off toddlers.  Relentless🙂

7 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I assume this has been picked up on so I don't have to 😉

Its that area for crew camping close to the recycling centre / Muddy Lane / Brimley Lane

Occasionally known as the Lady Garden. Lots of characters up there

2 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Its that area for crew camping close to the recycling centre / Muddy Lane / Brimley Lane

Occasionally known as the Lady Garden. Lots of characters up there

I only camped there for one night. But I think the area you pass through on the way to the crew campsite houses the cowsheds. The guy that gave me the lift there, said the ‘moo hotel’, was up top. But I walked back, the following morning and it wasn’t that far. Still I don’t know why he’d lie.

It was quite a walk back to the gate, where security lets you in. But it wasn’t too far. Like I said, it didn’t seem to far to walk to the cowsheds. That’s normally the other stage area, so it didn’t seem like a bad place to camp.

Although I did hear, other, campers talking, in their tents. They claimed Worthy Pastures was miles away. But it was definitely walkable. I saw a few vehicles, as I passed the cowshed. One of them looked like the maroon Land Rover I saw Emily using, at the campsite, for the Abbey Extravaganza, last year.

10 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Aye, So many reasons compounded to make it really difficult to run ALL the activities but in no order.

• The offer to the campers on Glastonbury media being out of step with the reality of what could be delivered.  
  • Volunteers being pinged and having to stay at home
  • Volunteers getting Covid and having to stay at home
  • Restrictions on numbers if the weather meant we had to run stuff indoors
  • The weather
  • The relatively limited availability of indoor space
  • Some people trying to block book activities which seemed a bit off and we tried to manage that but my some folk are sneaky 🙂

In general, it was a real challenge trying to coordinate the activities and we did work so hard to try and ensure people were not disappointed but inevitably, that still happened occasionally.

All i would add if there are readers of this who are attending in the future is that we still had no shows for some of the workshops despite all of the above which meant that lurkers lucked in.  Your points are valid though and i am sure will be looked at.  Who read the bedtime story on Sunday?  

Completely understand you're under difficult circumstanes and did the best. We had an incredible weekend! It was just a little heads up for further parents to book early and certainly not a complaint. You're right, for us, if you turned up no one got turned away anyway. Everyone in the charity field was incredibly welcoming. I actually ended up singing some children's songs and doing bubbles a couple of nights and it was such fun. 

I would bring my family again asap if I had time. Keep doing what you're doing. 

39 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Completely understand you're under difficult circumstanes and did the best. We had an incredible weekend! It was just a little heads up for further parents to book early and certainly not a complaint. You're right, for us, if you turned up no one got turned away anyway. Everyone in the charity field was incredibly welcoming. I actually ended up singing some children's songs and doing bubbles a couple of nights and it was such fun. 

I would bring my family again asap if I had time. Keep doing what you're doing. 

I saw you. Mate that was great and thanks for helping keep people entertained. We had another lady do at least one yoga session who was there as a customer which was fantastic

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! Heading down to Worthy Farm shortly.

A question if that's OK - is it a 'bring your trolly' affair, or do you know if we are able to pull up and drop stuff off at the campsite?

Trying to work out if we have to lug our stuff a distance or not...

Thank you!

Matt

39 minutes ago, Matty M said:

Hi everyone! Heading down to Worthy Farm shortly.

A question if that's OK - is it a 'bring your trolly' affair, or do you know if we are able to pull up and drop stuff off at the campsite?

Trying to work out if we have to lug our stuff a distance or not...

Thank you!

Matt

You can pull the car up right by your camping field to load and unload. You then drive around and leave the car in the West Holts area. Was about a 20m walk to our tent from the car. Max walk on our field would have been about 75m.

• Upvote 1

Lovely day on site today in between the showers .. enjoying working for Water Aid.  As the site gets busier towards the weekend it’s starting to feel more festival like.. Williams green and the joint charities field are quite busy now. 

0D1DA45D-8B46-4CC2-BA2B-0CC21F171B5D.jpeg

6763C1B0-A485-4E62-B5B7-C60F61757E3C.jpeg

DD8F815B-E42A-4543-9698-66658A886A43.jpeg

• Upvote 2