Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Surely the issue with that is a strong enough internet connection. Pretty sure mine is still quite poor when it comes to Glasto.

I don't use phone payment things though as I'm too much of a Luddite! 

I forgot to mention that in addition to not enough PDQ machines the connection kept dropping on Stonebridge bar....older people were ok to hang about for an extra minute or two, a lot of younger people started tutting and getting impaitent! 

I have my card linked to my phone but I have it disabled as I try not to have my phone out all the time especially at festivals....Saturday of 2019 Glastonbury my phone ran out of battery whilst I was out partying on my own late on and luckily because I had my card/cash I wasn't relying on my phone to be able buy things!

Also people need cash at festivals...I mean, drug dealers don't accept bank transfer do they!!!!!

23 hours ago, Ozanne said:

The only reason I used to turn it off at Glastonbury was to preserve battery but these days I take a power bank that'll several charges so that's not an issue anymore.

Talking of power banks, anyone know if you can drop off your power banks for recharging anywhere at Worthy Pastures? I'm thinking of getting yet another power bank if not, to see the whole family through the weekend.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of power banks, anyone know if you can drop off your power banks for recharging anywhere at Worthy Pastures? I'm thinking of getting yet another power bank if not, to see the whole family through the weekend.

Make friends with someone in a van and ask them to charge it? 

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

decent blog here 

I was up at the stone circle last night. What the blog has missed out is the hilarity of a steward attempting to put out a huge fire with several cans of coke.

It's been a fantastic weekend for anyone that's on the fence about it. Not a patch on the real thing but I'll take what I can get this year!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just got home after a week on site camping in the Lady Garden. Worked in the joint charities shop and had a bawl. The WaterAid volunteers are always so great to be with. I will add some more thoughts after dekitting and a power wash down.

Highs included some proper random boozing with some of the regular staff, exploring the site and bumping into Michael in Pilton and chatting to him for quite a while about tithe barns.😃

Lows were mostly weather based. We saw some very intense rain and had to be on the ball with yurts flooding which were needed for kids activities.

All in all a great week but feeling it now.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, august1 said:

is there an onsite activity list with times? cant find anything, seen some bin painting pics and want to get involved!

Just be prepared to be flexible. I was booking the activities for kids and parents and we had our ears burnt a few times by unhappy parents as classes filled up quickly. If the rain came, we had to move activities into the Yurt which is not big.

If any of you go and get the chance to do the foraging with Greenpeace, that looked great. The food they picked from round and about looked better than the trader's

33 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Had a lovely three days there. Chatted to some wonderful people and done things I might never again. So glad me and Mrs Fay went. Daily blogs below.

Friday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dT

Saturday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dX

Sunday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dY

Took my good camera so will post some pictures tomorrow.

I posted your sat blog a few pages back … forgetting you posted here … duh 🙄 

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Had a lovely three days there. Chatted to some wonderful people and done things I might never again. So glad me and Mrs Fay went. Daily blogs below.

Friday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dT

Saturday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dX

Sunday https://wp.me/pzmxh-2dY

Took my good camera so will post some pictures tomorrow.

I hope you are ok after the crash. Apart from that it sounds like you had a nice time!

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I hope you are ok after the crash. Apart from that it sounds like you had a nice time!

Thanks. Scary and stiffening up a bit this evening. Somebody rear ended us on the M5 pushing us into the car in front. In the 3rd lane and traffic stopped for some reason. I just about missed the car in front of me then bang into our back. Was a bit mad during the rest of the way home having kittens every time I spotted a break light in front of us. 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, HydraD said:

I was up at the stone circle last night. What the blog has missed out is the hilarity of a steward attempting to put out a huge fire with several cans of coke.

It's been a fantastic weekend for anyone that's on the fence about it. Not a patch on the real thing but I'll take what I can get this year!

Ha ha I thought that was tinned water but yeah it was a hilarious attempt at putting a fire out. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:58 PM, giantkatestacks said:

Also amusingly 5 stewards stood about clearly wanting to disperse the group of kids and adults doing a raucous hokey kokey at 1030 at night at Williams Green. They have had instructions about curfews but it's a bit off to go in hard with a load of five year olds.

The Conga came past us whilst we were sitting in the bar. Came through via the kids field. Them pesky kids eh !! 

Went with 2 families at weekend and would hugely recommend. Lovely atmosphere and people. Lots to see and areas to relax.

My only tiny negative would be that some of the children's activities were fully booked by the time we got there. I think they need to look at trying to expand these to more people, especially as the site wasn't full. 

Edited by danbailey80

16 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Went with 2 families at weekend and would hugely recommend. Lovely atmosphere and people. Lots to see and areas to relax.

My only negative would be that nearly all children's activities were fully booked by the time we got there (Friday lunch time). We managed to get a place on the story time on the Sunday but nothing else. I think they need to look at trying to expand these to more people, especially as the site wasn't even full. 

Aye, So many reasons compounded to make it really difficult to run ALL the activities but in no order.

• The offer to the campers on Glastonbury media being out of step with the reality of what could be delivered.  
  • Volunteers being pinged and having to stay at home
  • Volunteers getting Covid and having to stay at home
  • Restrictions on numbers if the weather meant we had to run stuff indoors
  • The weather
  • The relatively limited availability of indoor space
  • Some people trying to block book activities which seemed a bit off and we tried to manage that but my some folk are sneaky 🙂

In general, it was a real challenge trying to coordinate the activities and we did work so hard to try and ensure people were not disappointed but inevitably, that still happened occasionally.

All i would add if there are readers of this who are attending in the future is that we still had no shows for some of the workshops despite all of the above which meant that lurkers lucked in.  Your points are valid though and i am sure will be looked at.  Who read the bedtime story on Sunday?  

14 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

• Volunteers being pinged and having to stay at home
  • Volunteers getting Covid and having to stay at home
  • Restrictions on numbers if the weather meant we had to run stuff indoors

I was still emailing about volunteering last week (direct with Worthy Pastures) but there was no place for me. 😭

Someone I know, his name is Joel, is down there with WaterAid. Looks brilliant.