Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

Just now, pilton digger said:

the beer choice has improved as well, some hipster crap tasting of feckin fruit and some decent cask. All round good drinks choice now.  They stay open until the weather stops being OK, then close for full inside refurb.

When is the refurbishment due to finish?

55 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

yes, it is in the garden, open at the front.  They have built that, a children's castle. put a pizza air steam in the garden corner, covered area with tables, built a smoker for barbie food, removed hedges and generally vastly improved the garden area.  The inside is closed until after the refurb.

previous tenants relied on the owner to spend money on the place but he chose not to.  The new owner has the money to finally sort the place out.

I heard the new owner (or at least the person helping to fund the refurbishment) had a link to the festival. Do you know if that's correct?

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

I heard the new owner (or at least the person helping to fund the refurbishment) had a link to the festival. Do you know if that's correct?

The article Crazyfool1 linked says the new owner ran food stalls on Worthy View since 2013 and elsewhere on site for even longer.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looks like tonights storm should not hit the farm too badly .... but making sure im not doing a Michael Fish I would just do a double check of your tent pegs if you are on the farm tonight ....

All up to the barn for shelter and a rave,  with DJ Michael Eavis. 

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

All up to the barn for shelter and a rave,  with DJ Michael Eavis. 

Have they had live music there then? I went to volunteer, but my volunteer work fell through. I stayed one night in the WaterAid camp. I could see the tents, but I didn’t get to go down there. It looked a long way off.

16 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Have they had live music there then? I went to volunteer, but my volunteer work fell through. I stayed one night in the WaterAid camp. I could see the tents, but I didn’t get to go down there. It looked a long way off.

No, just a weak attempt at humour with the impending poor weather arriving! 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Cashless! How times have changed.

I worked on Stonebridge bar two years ago...I’d say it was about 40/60 in favour of card payments.

Thing is for me I usually use card but at festivals I always take/use cash so I can regulate my spending and also not get caught out if I want something and the stall isn’t set up for card payments.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Cashless! How times have changed.

Sure is, whatever happened to stumbling around a festival after midnight with pocketfuls of change and crumpled notes in the back pocket of your shorts, and in the morning finding coins in your sleeping bag, gathering them up and going for a bacon roll 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sure is, whatever happened to stumbling around a festival after midnight with pocketfuls of change and crumpled notes in the back pocket of your shorts, and in the morning finding coins in your sleeping bag, gathering them up and going for a bacon roll 

I'm sure I still did that in 2019!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Haha, those were the days. My pre-festival prep used to be multiple trips to the 1 ATM that had fivers so I wouldn't be stuck with a load of 20s.

Camp Kin is doing wristbands that you pre-load with money. That's the only way to pay for anything on site there as far as I'm aware. Will be interesting to see how it works. Will be nice not to worry about losing my cash at least! They're also giving you a free fiver to spend at the bar for every £50 you load before the event, up to £200, so I'm a few drinks up. You get refunded anything you didn't spend after the event. I wonder if more places will do this kind of thing in future.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Camp Kin is doing wristbands that you pre-load with money. That's the only way to pay for anything on site there as far as I'm aware. Will be interesting to see how it works. Will be nice not to worry about losing my cash at least! They're also giving you a free fiver to spend at the bar for every £50 you load before the event, up to £200, so I'm a few drinks up. You get refunded anything you didn't spend after the event. I wonder if more places will do this kind of thing in future.

Download were doing that when I worked at it in 2015...I thought it would catch on but I haven't been to a festival since that have used that method.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How did you find it? I can't really see a downside if the tech works well.

They did this at IOW in 2012 I think.  Worked well on site but not enough stalls/bars were set up to accept it.  If I remember correctly there were problems getting money back after the festival which caused some issues.

The Tech for this system has improved massively since the Download trial stuff.

Indigo Technology are the main provider for most of the FR/LN events and they nailed it at Latitude so I'd expect to see it introduced a lot more over the next 12 months.