Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

10 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Are there water filling points for camper vans? 
Also, can your van move off your pitch once you’re there? 
We’d like to go into Glastonbury etc and will only have the van as a transport option. 

Lots of water points for vans. One big tap at the bottom of the hook ups and then proper sink and taps at the top by where the Pyramid long drops are. Pitches are enormous. Could have put another van alongside us and to the back. 

Very easy to leave site and come back on. 

20210723_171205.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Just got our tent number for Friday arrival. Not sure if I have asked this and can't see anything on the map but are there lock ups ?

There will be campsite hubs around the site each with a manned property storage/lockup area. We don’t advise bringing valuables, but lockups will be accessible during daylight hours for small items. Campsite Hubs will be staffed 8am – 8pm.

https://worthypastures.com/facilities/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

There will be campsite hubs around the site each with a manned property storage/lockup area. We don’t advise bringing valuables, but lockups will be accessible during daylight hours for small items. Campsite Hubs will be staffed 8am – 8pm.

https://worthypastures.com/facilities/

Wanted to bring my decent camera to get some pictures. Assuming thats small enough to bang in the lockup though was thinking of having it for some sunset shots so 8pm is a bit early.

License was granted for Goose Hall (not sure when the decision notice went up on the website).

Having considered the matter in detail the Sub-Committee has agreed to grant this
application for a premises Licence for Goose Hall in accordance with the application,
with no modifications.

Full juicy details here: https://www.mendip.gov.uk/media/28509/Approved-Decision-Notice-Goose-Hall-Licensing-Sub-Committee-19-July-2021/pdf/Approved_Decision_Notice_Goose_Hall_Licensing_Sub_Committee_19_July_2021.pdf

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Blimey! Looks quite dated inside (and not in a good way!)

Some of my older friends (who've been going to Glastonbury since early/mid 90s) said they used to go to that pub and get smashed then go onto the site with their rucksacks....obviously all pre-super fence etc.

I think since I started going in 2004 that pub has always been shut as we went past it the first year I went and it was closed as got directed to West parking for some odd reason and we went right through Pilton.

Edited by gooner1990

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

OK the bit where the pool table looks dated (apologies if that's in the garden too!)

yes, it is in the garden, open at the front.  They have built that, a children's castle. put a pizza air steam in the garden corner, covered area with tables, built a smoker for barbie food, removed hedges and generally vastly improved the garden area.  The inside is closed until after the refurb.

previous tenants relied on the owner to spend money on the place but he chose not to.  The new owner has the money to finally sort the place out.

Just now, pilton digger said:

yes, it is in the garden, open at the front.  They have built that, a children's castle. put a pizza air steam in the garden corner, covered area with tables, built a smoker for barbie food, removed hedges and generally vastly improved the garden area.  The inside is closed until after the refurb.

previous tenants relied on the owner to spend money on the place but he chose not to.  The new owner has the money to finally sort the place out.

Sounds good, I may make a visit when I'm next in the area when the festival isn't on. 🙂

19 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

and the pub has been closed during the Festival for years, they are paid to close to remove incentives for the punters to go into the village.

The garden photos look really good, though I was fond of  the unstable seats and tables, the wasps and slippy step into the bar of the old beer garden.  Looking forward to a visit to the crown again! 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The garden photos look really good, though I was fond of  the unstable seats and tables, the wasps and slippy step into the bar of the old beer garden.  Looking forward to a visit to the crown again! 

the beer choice has improved as well, some hipster crap tasting of feckin fruit and some decent cask. All round good drinks choice now.  They stay open until the weather stops being OK, then close for full inside refurb.