Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

3 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Can’t wait to come up to our caravan later for the weekend. Going up the Tor tonight for sunset and the 99% full moon. 
Really looking forward to having a walk round the site on Sunday, even though the forecast isn’t great.

That sounds absolutely beautiful. A heavenly weekend!  Last time we were at the Tor on the way down took a detour into the apple orchard and just sat for a while under a tree to cool off!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

Got our tickets through today. In a campervan and we have an allocated pitch, so looks like it's not first come first served after all!

Thanks for this info. Going next Wednesday and still no paperwork! Sent a chase up!!

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That sounds absolutely beautiful. A heavenly weekend!  Last time we were at the Tor on the way down took a detour into the apple orchard and just sat for a while under a tree to cool off!

I have a box of Cider in the Pub Shed from those Orhards's

Bag in Box – Hecks Cider

Glastonbury Gold but i think the Port Wine Of Glastonbury was a better purchase.  More of a kick.  I am well aware that some of this is marketing is artistic licence but either way, its good cider

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

It's not really - anyone who's going feel free to stick yourself on here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d7wPJYkz1TRuEX4qCzI92IUOWPEKFPFNxqgrltf2FZg/edit?usp=sharing

Also make sure you are wearing the efests tshirts to make sure you are recognisable wen wandering about 

10 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Check out the Tollpuddle fire in the woods by the JP field. Oh and the spike bar that has had a revamp. The wildlife on the farm is not used to people so there are loads of young squirrels that are confused when they see humans approaching. But most importantly have a great time.

So 'The Woods' are open to campers? What's this fire? Do explain more. And will the spoke bar have anything on it? Like a bar?! 

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

So 'The Woods' are open to campers? What's this fire? Do explain more. And will the spoke bar have anything on it? Like a bar?! 

The only licenced bar is in goose hall … presuming that the licence was approved ?  … the spike bar will not be selling alcohol or playing amplified music … it might have some funky lights and the mirror ball though … it’s my fav bar on site … please take some photos of it 🙂 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The only licenced bar is in goose hall … presuming that the licence was approved ?  … the spike bar will not be selling alcohol or playing amplified music … it might have some funky lights and the mirror ball though … it’s my fav bar on site … please take some photos of it 🙂 

Truthfully mine too despite somehow managing to lose my ticket and purse in there one year. Luckily they were found and returned after the festival.  Looking forward to seeing the new version!  Pity won’t be actually open.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I have not looked at the map but I would be surprised if it was not accessible to campers. Here is the fire and description of what it’s for.

2033A13A-6856-4936-BE15-81B7D5F4EF06.thumb.jpeg.7bd0998c142ca699db082aa61595561e.jpeg

70FCEDB6-58D3-4C22-89F9-C32D1689DD92.thumb.jpeg.1954fd746bf2989131589ccb63bba85f.jpeg

I believe the Spike bar area has an art exhibition in it.

If you walk around the outside of the farm you may come across Wonderful walk. This is a path through the Ashes wood just on the edge of the farm. It’s very beautiful if a little short.

84BD40F7-E0A0-436F-ADEE-0BA28BECA4B3.thumb.jpeg.cf557b82e3a63aa2dd07170edfd89386.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s our e tickets including car pass arrived and printed off!  So it’s obvious that tents are allocated on arrival , hopefully get to choose which area to stay in ,  Avalon for us please! Weeks away I know but excited to just drive down and into the farm. 

If you’re in Avalon can I come with you?? 😁

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Did I not read somewhere they were going to close the stone circle at nighttime presumably to stop all night drumming etc? I am a bit worried about the closeness of the tents - absolutely expected at a fest but not at a glamping site normally.

For noise or covid reasons ?