Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

Don't forget,  the site is not as big as you remember.  Without the many 1000s of people it takes very little time to get from one end of the site to the other. This has been remarked upon by a fair few over the years. So wherever you are camped, you wil be minutes from where you want to be.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Don't forget,  the site is not as big as you remember.  Without the many 1000s of people it takes very little time to get from one end of the site to the other. This has been remarked upon by a fair few over the years. So wherever you are camped, you wil be minutes from where you want to be.

Very true,  in the  days before lockdown when we wandered the site it’s amazing how quickly it is from the stone circle across the site.  You soon realise you arnt doing the Glastonbury shuffle without distractions that’s the norm during the festival. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Very true,  in the  days before lockdown when we wandered the site it’s amazing how quickly it is from the stone circle across the site.  You soon realise you arnt doing the Glastonbury shuffle without distractions that’s the norm during the festival. 

I believe I hold the Festival record of fastest transfer from Snoop Dogg on the Pyramid to Steve Mason on the Park in about 2010.  Full sprint, full Twix power, and only the merest glance at the cider opportunities and it’s frothy distracting goodness! 😂😂

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I agree with this too. I found it most obvious in the area where the Village Inn/Cider Bus would be. You look at it and it seems baffling that so much and so many can fit in that area. It's tiny. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

It says that pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis so I reckon on arrival they will hopefully ask you what your preferences are and allocate you a pitch if available.  So it’s best to be prepared and decide your favourite spot before arriving .   Can’t see it just being a bun fight with a free for all charging about looking for a space!  

The website states that Campervans will be allocated on a first come first served. Tents are pre assigned so no free for all with tents 

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Does anyone else think that the store circle will become a bit of chill out area with campfires etc when the bar shuts and people head there? Not dissimilar to what it is like during the festival but more chilled?

potentially as long as there is not too much noise, no noise policy after 11 pm so if people get last orders at goose farm at 10, not much time to head over!

It can't be first come first serve as lots of groups have asked to be together so can't see how it would work. It was an option when booking to mention a camp 'name' for groupings. Perhaps if just 1 standard tent it might be but again they need to know what's been taken and what field is full etc. Otherwise you'll get groups using loads of extra tents if they have not been booked. 

Edited by danbailey80

Typical GF weather. Lead up is scorchio ( have had to resort to going for a run at 5am so as not to die from heat exhaustion) and come Friday night we are forecast rain and thunder. But I suppose it gives the campers a feel for the real thing. I do hope its not wet , as the site is looking amazing at yhe moment.  Nothing beats Somerset in the summer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Typical GF weather. Lead up is scorchio ( have had to resort to going for a run at 5am so as not to die from heat exhaustion) and come Friday night we are forecast rain and thunder. But I suppose it gives the campers a feel for the real thing. I do hope its not wet , as the site is looking amazing at yhe moment.  Nothing beats Somerset in the summer.

Can’t wait to come up to our caravan later for the weekend. Going up the Tor tonight for sunset and the 99% full moon. 
Really looking forward to having a walk round the site on Sunday, even though the forecast isn’t great.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Can’t wait to come up to our caravan later for the weekend. Going up the Tor tonight for sunset and the 99% full moon. 
Really looking forward to having a walk round the site on Sunday, even though the forecast isn’t great.

Check out the Tollpuddle fire in the woods by the JP field. Oh and the spike bar that has had a revamp. The wildlife on the farm is not used to people so there are loads of young squirrels that are confused when they see humans approaching. But most importantly have a great time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I mean, they should be, but they never have been before, so I'm not surprised, sadly.

Me thinks sprawling outside tent on sleeping bag and in grundies will be the theme of the week..