Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

On 7/15/2021 at 10:12 PM, eastynh said:

Yes mate. Not in my house yet as waiting for sales to complete, but I am in a place called Highbridge, which is not that far away

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's nuts. I just moved out of there. I'm a few miles further up the coast now

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I used to work on the Burnham & Highbridge Weekly News, many years back. Interesting place… 

Im loving the polite descriptions of Burnham and Highbridge as being interesting!! Makes me smile everyday when I wake up!!! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone who is staying next week had their e mail with ticket and car pass?  Are the tent numbers included in the e mail? 

We were discussing this very thing at lunchtime. No campervan pass or ticket email yet and going on the 28th. ‘Supposed’ to arrive 14 days before!

8 hours ago, Mackem said:

I think their messaging has been crystal clear throughout that this is nothing more than a campsite on a farm; albeit one we all love and in a beautiful part of the country. But I don’t think there was ever any suggestion there’d be entertainment. There’s Sept 17 for that … or is there? 🤔 

yep that's fair, I assumed the heavy messaging earlier on was to avoid people wanting a rowdy weekend when they want it to be chilled. I think some acoustic music, talks etc isn't exactly rowdy though!

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Has a proper Worthy Pastures map turned up yet? 

Only the one (updated today):

https://worthypastures.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Updated-site-map-smaller-scaled.jpg

Updated-site-map-smaller-scaled.jpg

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Yeah the scale is massive and the pictures so far look lush. I am curious where my tent will be, wonder if that is provided before we arrive

Think it says on the website its first come first served. Would be interested to see a map with type/locations to see which parts of the site has my type of tent to start making preferences! 

9 hours ago, august1 said:

Think it says on the website its first come first served. Would be interested to see a map with type/locations to see which parts of the site has my type of tent to start making preferences! 

It says that pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis so I reckon on arrival they will hopefully ask you what your preferences are and allocate you a pitch if available.  So it’s best to be prepared and decide your favourite spot before arriving .   Can’t see it just being a bun fight with a free for all charging about looking for a space!  

13 hours ago, august1 said:

Oh fair enough, that seems odd but given I’m arriving on the Wednesday I suppose I’ll have my pick(?). 
Excitement building over here though, can’t wait

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Oh fair enough, that seems odd but given I’m arriving on the Wednesday I suppose I’ll have my pick(?). 
Excitement building over here though, can’t wait

Yes, reckon you will be able to chose wherever the type of tent you booked is pitched. I suppose it’s a decision whether you want a quiet spot, one nearest the car park or Williams Green.  Have a think before you go and I’m sure you will be ok. 

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, reckon you will be able to chose wherever the type of tent you booked is pitched. I suppose it’s a decision whether you want a quiet spot, one nearest the car park or Williams Green.  Have a think before you go and I’m sure you will be ok. 

That’s a good shout. Hadn’t given any thought about that. Definitely a quiet spot for me and invested in a Decathlon trolley so distance from car not an issue.  

5 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

im watching just for the lols some locals opposed surprisingly 

edit 1 ... seems goose hall doesnt have planning permission 

edit 2 Mrs Grifiths doesnt want the meeting to take too long and also complains she doesnt have enough time 

Edit 3 I need a drink .... the meeting hasnt started yet .... they've taken 20 mins to discuss how long each person is allowed to talk for 

Edit 4 .... off sales issue mr hall queries the moving of drinks from the bars to the tent .... 

Edit 5 ... mr hall concerned about people from off site drinking onsite 

Edit 6 Mrs griffiths talking about cumulative impact .... mostly noise .... constant noise apparently ?

Edit 7 .... virus issues from latest objector stating the fact that GFEL have lots of money 10million in the bank and 900,000 grant so dont need funding ...3000 at the bar an issue  ..... apologies ive  forgotten your name 

Edit 8 ..... response showing that alcohol from bar is for wristbanded only and there will be no amplified music onsite 

edit 9 ....Mr  Phipps  licensing application is from 11am to 10 pm only ..... people to remember its a licensing hearing only 

edit 10 ... no food from goose hall .... food vendors to provide that ...... mr phips talks about residents concerns being listened to and responded 

edit 11 ... Mr phipps refutes allegations that there are other objectors and there has been plenty of opportunity for others to object if they want to ... but its been just the 3 objectors 

edit 12 equinox and camping do not provide a cumulative effect 

edit 13 up to 100 staff  mixture of staying on and offsite  ... Mr Phipps 

edit 14 miss Benner talks of abuse  from festival as to why people dont complain / followed by mrs griffiths saying similar .... you dont know what you are talking about being 1

questions around any security issues … what happens if there are problems for villagers ? Around alcohol on the general site . 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 2