Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

42 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You are correct. The farm has been off limits for the last year and now has fencing around the perimeter and security on the entrances.

I know they quite sensibly discouraged people from the farm when the pandemic hit but aren’t there public paths across some of the site? Or do they not count in the current climate? Not that I’d dream of trying it against their wishes, just wondered if an insistent knobhead would have the law on their side. 

Just now, Mackem said:

I know they quite sensibly discouraged people from the farm when the pandemic hit but aren’t there public paths across some of the site? Or do they not count in the current climate? Not that I’d dream of trying it against their wishes, just wondered if an insistent knobhead would have the law on their side. 

According to this, the public rights of way can get you technically on the site, but nowhere near anywhere anyone is going to want to go. Essentially, you can reach the farmhouse and then go no further, or there's a through route going via Woodsies (Hospitality Camping) and Rivermead (public camping, but about as unfashionable as you can get).

image.png.9b88f131e29911f0c9c1e8795a60b6ed.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mackem said:

As @incident shows above, these are the only official ‘right of way’ on site. So no route to anywhere of interest. The fencing for the camping does not cross these routes.

4 hours ago, incident said:

According to this, the public rights of way can get you technically on the site, but nowhere near anywhere anyone is going to want to go. Essentially, you can reach the farmhouse and then go no further, or there's a through route going via Woodsies (Hospitality Camping) and Rivermead (public camping, but about as unfashionable as you can get).

image.png.9b88f131e29911f0c9c1e8795a60b6ed.png

Really interesting, thanks. Presumably permission is suspended during the Festival though, right? 

Edited by Mackem

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Hi 

Half of our group can't come now so 1 of our bell tents needs to be cancelled. I've messaged seetickets but nothin mg back. It's 2 weeks to go from tomorrow. Any ideas?

Go through their website https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice
It should log it on their system them?

Also maybe email them? This is the dedicated SeeTickets Glastonbury email - glastonbury@seetickets.com
At least that way, it should be logged as you requested a refund.

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Hi 

Half of our group can't come now so 1 of our bell tents needs to be cancelled. I've messaged seetickets but nothin mg back. It's 2 weeks to go from tomorrow. Any ideas?

See tickets currently take at least three days to respond via their customer services tracker. We changed a booking to another week and that was the time they took to answer us. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

See tickets currently take at least three days to respond via their customer services tracker. We changed a booking to another week and that was the time they took to answer us. 

I sent a message via my account on Tue evening and got a reply the next day to cancel mine (yesterday). It would have been 2 weeks from today.

5 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Hi 

You should be ok, I had to cancel a couple of days ago for the 30th and got the £ back in 48 hours

Must say I'm somewhat disappointed by what's on offer, I thought more would be added nearer to the time . I knew amplified music was out the question but I would have thought each Friday/Saturday they'd have an talk/debate, spoken word, acoustic music, silent disco. Could be outdoors or a tent with the sides open. Could have programmed from 4 -10 pm and had some of the Glastonbury vibe and even a kids silent disco in the morning.

Given its not sold well, probably would entice a few more in as well.

3 hours ago, august1 said:

Must say I'm somewhat disappointed by what's on offer, I thought more would be added nearer to the time . I knew amplified music was out the question but I would have thought each Friday/Saturday they'd have an talk/debate, spoken word, acoustic music, silent disco. Could be outdoors or a tent with the sides open. Could have programmed from 4 -10 pm and had some of the Glastonbury vibe and even a kids silent disco in the morning.

Given its not sold well, probably would entice a few more in as well.

I think their messaging has been crystal clear throughout that this is nothing more than a campsite on a farm; albeit one we all love and in a beautiful part of the country. But I don’t think there was ever any suggestion there’d be entertainment. There’s Sept 17 for that … or is there? 🤔 

2 hours ago, Mackem said:

I think their messaging has been crystal clear throughout that this is nothing more than a campsite on a farm; albeit one we all love and in a beautiful part of the country. But I don’t think there was ever any suggestion there’d be entertainment. There’s Sept 17 for that … or is there? 🤔 

Yeah that never seemed on the cards to me. One of the things that put me off booking it to be honest - I'd love to go to the site but it's a long way for just camping, albeit with yoga and stuff now. That's why we went for Camp Kin by Shambala in the end - still not loads as essentially socially distanced camping but they do have more activities, plus a few musicians, a quiz, family disco etc. I'm sure Worthy Pastures will be lovely regardless but I don't think they ever suggested having music and stuff.