Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

19 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I'm assuming there'll be no problem being able to just turn up and visit friends? 

I'd assumed the opposite to be honest. If people are being given wristbands and there are activities included in the price, I wouldn't have thought anyone can rock up and wander about.

Can't see anything on the FAQ one way or the other.

40 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I'm assuming there'll be no problem being able to just turn up and visit friends? 

Everyone who is camping is issued with a wristband that must be worn at all time.
So I doubt you will be.

Maybe email them at ask?
info@worthypastures.com

47 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looks terrific, going to be an ideal base for our wanders around the surrounding area.  Usually the farm is destination so for once it’s a starting point! I assume the village will be out of bounds.  

Nor at all. The village will want the customers.  The Crown pub will be opening on 24th july so they would welcome punters.

• Upvote 1

We should definitely arrange some eFests meets for those users who are going. 

In fact - I'll start the ball rolling. 

Here's an editable spreadsheet to help co-ordinate meets if people want to. Stick yourself on it if you’re booked in. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d7wPJYkz1TRuEX4qCzI92IUOWPEKFPFNxqgrltf2FZg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by blutarsky

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nor at all. The village will want the customers.  The Crown pub will be opening on 24th july so they would welcome punters.

That’s brilliant, out to the beer garden and take care not to fall down that bloody step into the bar (again) !    Maybe book a Sunday lunch! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Here's an editable spreadsheet to help co-ordinate meets if people want to. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d7wPJYkz1TRuEX4qCzI92IUOWPEKFPFNxqgrltf2FZg/edit?usp=sharing

This is a great ideas! Us locals then can gate crash!!! 

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Security is on the gate now so I imagine only wristbanded people will be allowed on the farm. 

Hmmm. Thanks. That’s an unexpected barrier to our day trip to visit friends. Looking at the ticketing, the only way of getting in then is a 2-person tent for £199. I don’t like them sufficiently to fork that out!is there a way of adding 2 people onto their camper an booking? 

27 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Hmmm. Thanks. That’s an unexpected barrier to our day trip to visit friends. Looking at the ticketing, the only way of getting in then is a 2-person tent for £199. I don’t like them sufficiently to fork that out!is there a way of adding 2 people onto their camper an booking? 

You could meet them locally ? At the village pub maybe ? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

You could meet them locally ? At the village pub maybe ? 

If we can’t get onsite I guess we’ll have to. But I was seeing this as an organised guilt free way of walking round the site out of season. I did the 10K run there in 2019 but obviously you go only where the route is. And earlier I that year I got a lift round in a local farmers Land Rover , but it was bucketing down and we couldn’t see much. They’ve never been to the festival so they were kind of relying on me to give them some context. Otherwise you’re just camping on a farm with a load of scaffolding at the bottom. 

Edited by Mackem

11 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Here's an editable spreadsheet to help co-ordinate meets if people want to. Stick yourself on it if you’re booked in. 

I'm arriving Friday the 13th 😲, so put myself down for w/e 14th. I didn't think Saturday was the end of a week, but I'm guessing that's what you intended?

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm arriving Friday the 13th 😲, so put myself down for w/e 14th. I didn't think Saturday was the end of a week, but I'm guessing that's what you intended?

Yep, I meant weekend of… 

i figured that was the easiest way to do it with different arrival dates, since everyone will be there on the Saturday. 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Yep, I meant weekend of… 

i figured that was the easiest way to do it with different arrival dates, since everyone will be there on the Saturday. 

I get it now. I have a confession - week ending and week commencing dates always get me in a tizz! They did ever since I had to write them in my homework diary in year 7.

Sorry if I came over a bit blunt, couldn't think of a better way to reword.

10 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

This is a great ideas! Us locals then can gate crash!!! 

Sound good to me too

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Security is on the gate now so I imagine only wristbanded people will be allowed on the farm. 

Good. It will become a free for all otherwise. And I doubt stuff left in tents would stay there without security doing those checks

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I get it now. I have a confession - week ending and week commencing dates always get me in a tizz! They did ever since I had to write them in my homework diary in year 7.

Sorry if I came over a bit blunt, couldn't think of a better way to reword.

Didn’t sound blunt! 😃 

On 7/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, Gnomicide said:

I'd assumed the opposite to be honest. If people are being given wristbands and there are activities included in the price, I wouldn't have thought anyone can rock up and wander about.

Can't see anything on the FAQ one way or the other.

This from info@worthypastures.com:

“Thank you for your email. Only those staying at the Worthy Pastures will be able to access the site, there aren't day passes.”

so that’s that for me, sadly. September it’ll have to be

Just now, blutarsky said:

If anyone’s looking for something to do there are some good attractions in Shepton Mallett, but it might make you angry to learn about the criminal justice system. 

62C79B95-C095-4C18-93C6-EB3704B50DD2.jpeg

I see you also have some security for the meet-ups listed on the spreadsheet