Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What exactly happens in Corn Hole?

You throw the corn through the hole.

It's like a little beanbag (but a corn bag), and a board with a hole in it. You want to get your corn on the board, or into the hole, and knock your opponent's corn off the board (but not through the hole).

This is going to be the first time I've been able to take much stuff. I've been going since 97 and have either been rammed into a car with 6 people in a mini, or two in a sports car with virtually no boot, or on a coach. So I've always had to travel light, going back to the car for a second trip has never been an option.

But this time it's a bit different. Not taking a tent and having a car between three of us will be quite an experience, as will the car being parked much closer to where I'm camped. Plus, I'm not taking my own body weight in booze.

So, what should I take? For those of you that get to take a lot of stuff, what's particularly useful to take that you would have to give up if going by coach? Camp beds? Super soakers? Proper duvets?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is going to be the first time I've been able to take much stuff. I've been going since 97 and have either been rammed into a car with 6 people in a mini, or two in a sports car with virtually no boot, or on a coach. So I've always had to travel light, going back to the car for a second trip has never been an option.

But this time it's a bit different. Not taking a tent and having a car between three of us will be quite an experience, as will the car being parked much closer to where I'm camped. Plus, I'm not taking my own body weight in booze.

So, what should I take? For those of you that get to take a lot of stuff, what's particularly useful to take that you would have to give up if going by coach? Camp beds? Super soakers? Proper duvets?

Spare hats 

On 6/21/2021 at 9:57 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Proper duvets?

Yes to a duvet!  I even take one to a Glastonbury festival.  I just vacuum pack it and add it to the top of the sack truck.  Bit of a faff taking it home but well worth it!

26 minutes ago, august1 said:

Any recommendations on places go to, where to eat etc?

Thinking (well being told) we're going to do Stonehenge/Longleat one day, Cheddar Gorge/Glastonbury town/Tor in a day.

Anywhere else?

Id do cheddar gorge and Wookey hole in 1 day …gastonbury  town / tor another … weston /highbridge not so far if it’s beach weather 

49 minutes ago, august1 said:

Thinking (well being told) we're going to do Stonehenge/Longleat one day, Cheddar Gorge/Glastonbury town/Tor in a day.

Anywhere else?

The monkeys at Longleat are brutal 😄

IMG-20210526-WA0026.thumb.jpg.9d4fa4a1399a00dbd5c5d39d5ba76491.jpg

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Anywhere else?

Come and check out Frome if you have time....independent shops galore on Cheap St, Stoney St and Catherine Hill.  Nice lunch spot at '8 Stony St' or The Garden Cafe if you're looking veggie, or if you walk all the way to top of Catherine St 'Bistro Lotte' is very nice. Craft beer at Brewed Boy on Cork St and Palmer St Bottle on Palmer St, and decent non-chain coffee at Moo and Two on Catherine Hill.

Locals don't bite (mainly) 👍