Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think Glastonbury… might have some surprises yet to be announced … smaller scale stuff …. Maybe some performing arts stuff rather than music ? 

Kids entertainers, face painters etc would be an obvious choice. I missed the Basil Brush set at the last festival so would love to see him. 

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think Glastonbury… might have some surprises yet to be announced … smaller scale stuff …. Maybe some performing arts stuff rather than music ? 

They've said there will be more stuff:

"A programme of additional activities for all the family will be announced on a weekly basis. Please visit the campsite hubs on arrival for more information."

I'm hoping they'll include performing arts but assuming they won't, just so I don't get my hopes up too much

Edited by MrHew

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe someone with an acoustic guitar round the campfire😀

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Emily Eavis on radio 2 now .... if anyone with better capabilities than me would be so kind as to add the clip from BBC sounds ..... I missed mist of it 

If you've got BBC Sounds app, whack Radio 2 on and rewind it to 11:29. Otherwise the whole thing will be on available after the show has finished at 13:00.

• Upvote 2

Ok weird question here. So although a primary school teacher now I used to do music classes for groups of young children. I therefore have a load of children's songs I can sing on the go. This being the likely only chance I'll get to play Glasto (or close to it) anyone know who I might be able to contact to do a little acoustic thing in the kids field? I tried the main email and they said they'd forward it but ideally I'd make a connection myself. Cheers 

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Ok weird question here. So although a primary school teacher now I used to do music classes for groups of young children. I therefore have a load of children's songs I can sing on the go. This being the likely only chance I'll get to play Glasto (or close to it) anyone know who I might be able to contact to do a little acoustic thing in the kids field? I tried the main email and they said they'd forward it but ideally I'd make a connection myself. Cheers 

I remember an act on the Croissant Neuf Bandstand doing something similar to this a few years ago, Hattie Hatstar I think she was called, she was singing A Little Mouse With Clogs On.  F*ck knows why but it's always stuck in my head.

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

AB3FBB2F-351D-4F2E-86A2-00214B5D1032.thumb.jpeg.28aec24daab21393a58301dde9fd2e84.jpeg

cant Wait!

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good news, first day of the year I could actually walk about wearing just t shirt and shorts! The first airing of a Glastonbury t shirt of course.  Been pretty cold up until now.  Town mobbed with Glaswegians desperate to escape their lockdown and enjoy the chips and ice cream.   So I headed for the hills and then a quiet beer garden away from the hordes.  Then down to the shore for a quick paddle!

32096EC7-E347-4C62-91A8-6025B70A0D2C.jpeg.ca7c2c2234e3302e39e98663785ad743.jpeg

Have you got a flipping Tardis or something?