Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

I’m hoping the woods are opened up, noticed a cluster of trees on the map in the right place so I’m hopeful

020A80CD-B61F-4702-98B6-7F32308683BE.jpeg

Looks like it, never managed to get in the woods in the dark, just during the day searching for a bit of cool shade.  There’s  a pond up there are well 

51 minutes ago, March Hare said:

That’s interesting, whether there wasn’t really demand for longer stays

That explains what I posted an hour ago. The three night stays, especially the two man scout tents , went very quickly. Reckon some of the longer stays have been reallocated. 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That explains what I posted an hour ago. The three night stays, especially the two man scout tents , went very quickly. Reckon some of the longer stays have been reallocated. 

Makes sense, I’m doing the full five and pretending I’m at the festival.  Will have 2020 playlists and headphones for the night time Friday - Sunday.

Just me, dancing alone where west holts should have been.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

97730375-8756-4CB9-899A-16028F366E1D.thumb.jpeg.345e514e5b227b068bae436e36a3188b.jpeg

great idea, anything’s better that someone getting out a guitar and attempting to sing  Wonderwall. 

Hahaha, there will be so many acoustic guitars and go pros in front of the pyramid. Cringe!

Edited by March Hare

So is the camp site opposite glastonbury going to be open..... Otherwise its going to hit them badly... And not that I'm going but surely if you camp in the opposite camp site.... And there are alot around glastonbury..... You'll be able to pop in and say hi to friends etc..... 

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

So is the camp site opposite glastonbury going to be open..... Otherwise its going to hit them badly... And not that I'm going but surely if you camp in the opposite camp site.... And there are alot around glastonbury..... You'll be able to pop in and say hi to friends etc..... 

Yeah we were wondering about how they would manage that - I know the site mentions Pastures wristbands.

43 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Nothing like a drunk full of wonder!

Very true, like an acquaintance of mine who wandered into the acoustic tent when status quo were playing an unplugged style  set  thinking he was seeing Radiohead. A quarter of an hour later he realised his mistake when he saw an accordion player. After his  combination of wonder and perplex he stumbled up to the Pyramid, via another bar. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Very true, like an acquaintance of mine who wandered into the acoustic tent when status quo were playing an unplugged style  set  thinking he was seeing Radiohead. A quarter of an hour later he realised his mistake when he saw an accordion player. After his  combination of wonder and perplex he stumbled up to the Pyramid, via another bar. 

Acoustic to Pyramid is a fair way to wander whilst wondering.

• Like 1

Nabbed a two person tent for me and the missus last night when they become available again. Was thinking of taking our three daughters 16,13 & 8 but I decided that the novelty of look at this piece of grass with nothing on but its called this would soon wear thin on them. 

Have a caravan trip with the kids planned not long after which they will enjoy much more then what is just a random field to them  miles and miles away from Liverpool (Though we did take the eldest to the proper festival when she was 12) 

20 hours ago, March Hare said:

I’m hoping the woods are opened up, noticed a cluster of trees on the map in the right place so I’m hopeful

020A80CD-B61F-4702-98B6-7F32308683BE.jpeg

I’m feeling a childish level of excitement at the prospect of driving down into the site and along behind the Pyramid 🙂

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

If anyone is in the vicinity either side of 30/31 July, this is on in the vicinity (not been before but friends who have been rate it so we've got tickets):

https://farmfestival.co.uk/

i've never been to Farm Festival so can't comment on that - but the venue is probably the most incredible festival site i've ever been to outside of Worthy Farm.

only been there once, One Love Festival a couple years back - but it was nothing short of magical.