Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Many dates and tent types now sold out, showing tickets not available.  I assume that the license has a maximum number of campers so they can’t just chuck up a few more tents if demand is high. 

Most likely yeah. Anyone catch anything that pointed to a projected capacity with all tents full.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone know anything about the medical situation? I have a type 1 diabetic in my party, so need to keep insulin cool.

The website says "Medicine can be safely stored in the campsite hub areas. Please do let us know if this is required in advance of your arrival." @crazyfool1 might be able to give advice on keeping insulin cool.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Does anyone know anything about the medical situation? I have a type 1 diabetic in my party, so need to keep insulin cool.

You can keep insulin cool with festival medical services who will be there on site. I’ve read that somewhere but can’t find it now. Failing that, they will find a way to help, I’m sure 🙂

8 minutes ago, ravermum said:

You can keep insulin cool with festival medical services who will be there on site. I’ve read that somewhere but can’t find it now. Failing that, they will find a way to help, I’m sure 🙂

Think I saw that info on theFAQs , If not, it’s definitely somewhere .  Once things calm down there’s a Worthy pastures e mail address for questions etc 

5 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

it looks like they must have found another box of Bell Tents as these now seem to be freely available for all the weekend bookings.

my theory is they want to ensure a certain % arrive on Weds-Thurs so its not a ghost town (plus more income) and are holding back tents which will be later released for Friday bookings if no interest

Some friends have booked a weekend mid August and are trying to talk us into it. I desperately want to but we just don't have the £440.

We do have a couple of summer holidays booked already so mustn't grumble. But I'm still grumbling.

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Think I saw that info on theFAQs , If not, it’s definitely somewhere .  Once things calm down there’s a Worthy pastures e mail address for questions etc 

33 minutes ago, ravermum said:

35 minutes ago, Simsy said:

The website says "Medicine can be safely stored in the campsite hub areas. Please do let us know if this is required in advance of your arrival." @crazyfool1 might be able to give advice on keeping insulin cool.

Thanks all, I did try looking at the site, but didn't see anything about medicines. I've emailed the info address, it sounds like they'll reply saying the hubs can store it 

I booked five nights for a couple of reasons, the site will be quieter early doors so hopefully easier for the family to get involved in activities, play on facilities etc. Then the plan is absolutely to spent a day in Glastonbury Town and a little walk up to the Tor.  Not worried about being bored at all, if anything I can see the time flying really quickly.

@Simsy cheers  yep I can … there is a very easy solution for @stuartbert two hats  … it’s called frio and it’s very simple … the pouch needs activating with a short soak In water … 20mins ish and will keep insulin at the required temp whilst on the farm …. I keep spare insulin in the lockup’s at g in a pouch … and carry 1 pouch with me with my pens in it … no issues with any kind of heat although it might need reactivating after 3 days ish depending on heat 

Amazon link 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=frio+insulin+cooling+wallet&sprefix=frio&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_4

they are also available elsewhere and from diabetes U.K. … but they charge a premium 

blue one activated , black one yet to be activated 

C86639A3-D467-4987-8736-6D30163CF860.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I decided I couldn't justify the expense in the end, which is a shame as I'd love to have gone. The scout tents aren't bad value but that's a fairly standard camping experience at a premium price, whereas going up to the bell tent... I can have an actual holiday for that money.