Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

39 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My concern is I would start to get bored, start drinking heavily and then turn into one of the people they clearly don’t want there!

Yeah, wasnt going to admit to that about myself but kind of think I might be tempted as it would be the 1st holiday ive had since Aug 2019...

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Prseumably you cant just visit the campsite tho unless you have a tent there..

Fair enough - I think we'll still take the spare bed in my mate's house regardless (might be a tad rude if I sacked off his hospitality to go camping down the road instead).

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye - feels like the clientele might be an odd blend of wholesome families and folk hellbent on reliving past glories when they've taken it right off the fucking dial.

I think thats probably spot on there.

37 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

The idea is to use it as a holiday base though isnt it - not to just sit about and drink surrounded by toddlers. We holidayed in Somerset last year as well at another campsite so have a list of stuff we didnt get round to.

So are you meant to camp there and then go off to visit other locations, like the Tor etc, and just use it as a base, or are you meant to stay on site each day and just potter around the fields? Sorry if this is a daft question! 

Just now, Homer said:

Fair enough - I think we'll still take the spare bed in my mate's house regardless (might be a tad rude if I sacked off his hospitality to go camping down the road instead).

I think someone has pointed out they are doing a wristband for visitors after I posted...?

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

So are you meant to camp there and then go off to visit other locations, like the Tor etc, and just use it as a base, or are you meant to stay on site each day and just potter around the fields? Sorry if this is a daft question! 

I think some people will do a bit of both, we will be out and about as I cant hang around toddlers and kids all day now mine are older and too big for the boat and kids castle thing and we have a lot around there still to visit.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

I guess either given they have a number of onsite places to visit, but yeah I think its also intended that it helps boost the local economy a little too more widely.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I think someone has pointed out they are doing a wristband for visitors after I posted...?

Good news - are these on sale does anyone know?!

(I read that as wristbands issued... for those who have paid for camping?)

Edited by Homer

21 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

I'm in a similar position (albeit with only one son) and wondering the same thing. Its a big jump between the 2 person scout tent and a bell tent and there is nothing in between.

Well, I just booked a Scout Tent, was worried that there would only be two fields appear for entering names (visitor 1, visitor 2) but there was a single field where you could free type and the instruction was write name “of all who will be staying in your tent”, didn’t say anything about maximums. So I think it’ll be ok, can’t imagine that Glastonbury would get pissy about small children piling in with parents considering they allow free festival access to thousands of under 13s!

Many dates and tent types now sold out, showing tickets not available.  I assume that the license has a maximum number of campers so they can’t just chuck up a few more tents if demand is high.   

I assume that if the 5 nights don’t sell then they will open them up to the three night stays eventually so if anyone is disappointed then there might be availability soon.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris