Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

It looks ace and I'd love to go. We're planning a couple of weekend camping trips over the summer holidays but this is beyond what we can afford. 

Hope everyone who wants to go can get a tent. Give us loads of feedback and photos please.

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Not seen anything about this pricing supporting the charities, is there a percentage going to them? 

Also suppliers, well there is a lot of this overpriced glamping on sale this year.. Cloud 9 etc and they are offering £90 a day to a freelance event professional for 12 hour days, am sure while it's a nice offer and some will take it, it's insulting many across the industry

The campsites are being staffed by stewards provided by the charities, so yes they are benefitting from it.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t £90 for 12h day below NMW? 

I think the price is right and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's actually not overpriced. I camp and glamp with the family often and a simple glamping tent for 4 in a basic field can be 120+ a night with no extra for kids.

At Glasto it has loads for children to do including work shops etc. It's a far more fulfilling experience. 

So no it's simply not overpriced compared to the market. 

18 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I think the price is right and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's actually not overpriced. I camp and glamp with the family often and a simple glamping tent for 4 in a basic field can be 120+ a night with no extra for kids.

At Glasto it has loads for children to do including work shops etc. It's a far more fulfilling experience. 

So no it's simply not overpriced compared to the market. 

I’m going from memory here but isn’t the pricing basically in-line with Worthy View accommodation pricing?

The only thing I'd say - and I'm not complaining, I'm highly tempted to go - is that the one thing I never enjoy at Glastonbury is the long haul of my camping gear, and at glamping prices you might have expected not to do that. Obviously I'm not planning to bring the kitchen sink, and you don't have to worry about a tent. But anyway, I hope it does really well and I'm thinking about going. 

It's too pricey for me really, but that said I'd be seriously considering it if my daughter was a bit older and more likely to make the most of the kids stuff. She'll be nine months old in the summer holiday so a bit young for it I'd say. If vans were allowed I'd probably be booking. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

It's too pricey for me really, but that said I'd be seriously considering it if my daughter was a bit older and more likely to make the most of the kids stuff. She'll be nine months old in the summer holiday so a bit young for it I'd say. If vans were allowed I'd probably be booking. 

This is pretty much where I'm at as well.  Given the price I'd want to take advantage of as much of poss.  My little one will be 1 but not convinced she'd get that much out of it

1 minute ago, watsonjm said:

This is pretty much where I'm at as well.  Given the price I'd want to take advantage of as much of poss.  My little one will be 1 but not convinced she'd get that much out of it

The castle and the ship are for older children aren't they - not the sort of thing you'd send a toddler off onto, let alone a baby who's just started walking. I'd say you'd want your child to be 4-5+ to really get the best of playing there. 

36 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

The castle and the ship are for older children aren't they - not the sort of thing you'd send a toddler off onto, let alone a baby who's just started walking. I'd say you'd want your child to be 4-5+ to really get the best of playing there. 

This. All on offer is 4+ I'd say. 

I was turned with the option to bike around to which will be lovely. Both mine can now cycle now. 

I'm sure, if a success, they will do this again, even if a fallow year. 

My issue here is that we want to book a 4 night stay arriving on Wednesday leaving Sunday, but it seems that with all lengths of stay you have to leave on the Monday (5 nights Wed-Mon, 4 nights Thurs - Mon, 3 nights Fri-Mon).  This doesn't seem too well thought through as this means that you have to take an extra days holiday for the Monday.

1 minute ago, Nutella Versace said:

My issue here is that we want to book a 4 night stay arriving on Wednesday leaving Sunday, but it seems that with all lengths of stay you have to leave on the Monday (5 nights Wed-Mon, 4 nights Thurs - Mon, 3 nights Fri-Mon).  This doesn't seem too well thought through as this means that you have to take an extra days holiday for the Monday.

Yep. I'd say this is the main stumbling block for many. Obviously you could leave on Sunday but you still need to pay for the extra night.

7 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

I pretty sure there won’t be a fence to keep you in on Sunday (just kidding obvs)😂

1 hour ago, Nutella Versace said:

True, but (assuming you work Monday to Friday), wouldn't a Thursday to Monday stay require only the same amount of annual leave?