Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Not sure why there's talk of acoustic sets at the pyramid. There's no licence for live music, the stage won't be built etc. 

We don't need more rumours that lead to more people trying to get tickets! Ssssh now

Chris Martin is booking a bell tent for himself, Apples and Moses and he plans to take his guitar along. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

That supports the festival charities and festival suppliers ? 

Not seen anything about this pricing supporting the charities, is there a percentage going to them? 

Also suppliers, well there is a lot of this overpriced glamping on sale this year.. Cloud 9 etc and they are offering £90 a day to a freelance event professional for 12 hour days, am sure while it's a nice offer and some will take it, it's insulting many across the industry

19 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Overpriced shite.

Designed for idiots who have too much cash 

That’ll be me. Add it to a long list of overpriced items I buy, like those fancy loaves you get at a farmers market, my iPhone 12 pro and my apartment which smells of rich mahogany 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

That’ll be me. Add it to a long list of overpriced items I buy, like those fancy loaves you get at a farmers market, my iPhone 12 pro and my apartment which smells of rich mahogany 

I like a nice loaf

See, if we both bumped into each other at Worthy Pastures we could have bonded over a good loaf.  We might even become besties and the £600 scout tent would have been worth it!

Hopefully they’d be no showdown over who has the best seeded batch...

1DA38A07-4348-4339-B637-20B634298C65.gif

Edited by vintagelaureate

Yeah me as well. I’m a  Scot who just doesn’t conform to the stereotypical image of my race. Spending cash freely, shopping in Sainsbury’s even if their is an Aldi next door and having the central heating on all year.

Or maybe I just make my own decisions what is overpriced or good value. What might be shite to some is seen as a good exciting prospect for others ! 

• Like 2

Just now, March Hare said:

See, if we both bumped into each other at Worthy Pastures we could have bonded over a good loaf.  We might even become besties and the £600 scout tent would have been worth it!

Sorry I love my van too much, in fact I live in it full time, so the rule about not allowing us van dwellers on site kinda pisses me off that we are excluded, even for a good loaf exchange

1 minute ago, Paul ™ said:

Sorry I love my van too much, in fact I live in it full time, so the rule about not allowing us van dwellers on site kinda pisses me off that we are excluded, even for a good loaf exchange

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Or maybe I just make my own decisions what is overpriced or good value. What might be shite to some is seen as a good exciting prospect for others ! 

I get what you are saying. It’s a lot of money but @Ayrshire Chris sums up my position pretty well. Because of my personal position, this is right up my street.  So to me it’s good value.

I don't think the price is too bad considering the work going into the application/organisation, facilities, staffing, entertainment on offer etc.

More than regular camping but worth it imo.

If I get a tent, going to make it main summer holiday. Spend a few days in Bath before, go to Glastonbury Town/Town, explore the area. Treating it as even more laidback Wed/Thurs of the fest.

8 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I get what you are saying. It’s a lot of money but @Ayrshire Chris sums up my position pretty well. Because of my personal position, this is right up my street.  So to me it’s good value.

Each to our own. It's not for me, I'd prefer it to be inclusive to all campers and not just those who want to pay for an overpriced pre-pitched tent.

Too many of these glamping pop up camps this year trying to rip off crew by offering shit money and conditions, hopefully Glastonbury at least pay the contractors well 

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Each to our own. It's not for me, I'd prefer it to be inclusive to all campers and not just those who want to pay for an overpriced pre-pitched tent.

Too many of these glamping pop up camps this year trying to rip off crew by offering shit money and conditions, hopefully Glastonbury at least pay the contractors well 

So is it overpriced or are Glastonbury paying better rates for contractors working it?

Just now, Leyrulion said:

So is it overpriced or are Glastonbury paying better rates for contractors working it?

It's about same rates as cloud 9 etc are charging, though they include some activities.

Not sure what the charge rates are for their contractors, I'll find out though as know a couple people involved.