Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Heh - like some sort of entertainment wont spontaneously appear at some point over those days....

I was thinking that... think they'll be accoustic sets on the pyramid stage most days. Might even break the golden rule and plonk a chair in front of the fucker. Stupidly excited for this.

2 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I was thinking that... think they'll be accoustic sets on the pyramid stage most days. Might even break the golden rule and plonk a chair in front of the fucker. Stupidly excited for this.

Let’s not get too carried away 😂

er...

1. Access to attractions (e.g. the Kids Ship, Kidz Castle, Dragon Field) are during daylight hours only.

although

Gazebos, windbreaks, and additional awnings will be permitted at the discretion of the Campsite Management, but must not restrict access to other guests’ accommodation, pedestrian walkways, access routes or fire lanes. 

9 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Looks like the full summer hols. It mentions that everything might not be set up for arrivals in mid july

Just found that it says "Over the school holidays, Worthy Farm will become Worthy Pastures". I'm in.

14 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Not sure why there's talk of acoustic sets at the pyramid. There's no licence for live music, the stage won't be built etc. 

We don't need more rumours that lead to more people trying to get tickets! Ssssh now

I only meant a bunch of drunks with acoustic guitars playing music underneath the pyramid stage. I am 100% sure there will be no sanctioned live music. Like stu says though I'm looking forward to showing my daughter round daddy's playground as I'm too selfish to take her to the normal festival... yet.

1 minute ago, SheffJeff said:

I only meant a bunch of drunks with acoustic guitars playing music underneath the pyramid stage. I am 100% sure there will be no sanctioned live music. Like stu says though I'm looking forward to showing my daughter round daddy's playground as I'm too selfish to take her to the normal festival... yet.

Indeed. Really hoping to get tickets so can take children for first time.

2 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I'm weirdly over excited about this.

Worse- I’m weirdly excited about other people going and sharing photos and videos of it!😂

Then again, one of my favourite threads on this site was that one when the truck driver/delivery man filmed himself driving round the site while it was being set up (before he had to take it down).

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

The only tiny thing I can see is the lack of lockups. You dont normally need them at family campsites as you camp right next to your car. Here it is a bit different. 

"...property lock-up facilities will be available onsite".

27 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Wonder if the September thing they applied for a license for will be basically this plus a stage with music🤔

The licence for the September event doesn't include any form of on-site camping - so effectively they'll have permission to operate camping without any licenced entertainment, and a separate licence to run a music event without any camping.

To try and utilise both of those to create an effective camping festival would at best be very antagonistic, and given that the licenced areas overlap potentially legally questionable. Don't think the festival are dumb enough to try it and I don't think the council would tolerate it.