Camping at Worthy Farm

stuie

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can anyone clever overlay, or gif this with the festival map?

I'm sure someone can do a decent overlay but in the meantime here's a bodge job as I was also interested. My usual camping spot is well outside the red area yet I can guarantee that's where I'd end up waking up... confused, tentless and looking for a longdrop.

20210325_010229.gif

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, SheffJeff said:

I'm sure someone can do a decent overlay but in the meantime here's a bodge job as I was also interested. My usual camping spot is well outside the red area yet I can guarantee that's where I'd end up waking up... confused, tentless and looking for a longdrop.

20210325_010229.gif

That's bloody fantastic. Upvotes incoming when I've got some!

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No. It's a separate thing entirely. They're planning to do family camping at Worthy Farm in August with no partying.

The camping for the dates in September that Emily touted were called Family Friendly.  I'd be all for it but I'm not convinced this is a separate thing.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The camping for the dates in September that Emily touted were called Family Friendly.  I'd be all for it but I'm not convinced this is a separate thing.

Possible that they overlap ... that’s a discussion that I’d been having with other friends ? 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's for 56 days, that's not camping for a 2 day event.

Granted but they've not finalised the date yet, could be any time in September and may include camping for set up/dismantle staff.

They've also asked for 28 days next year.

The application went up on Sunday - I posted it in the September 2021 Glastonbury thread.

Interesting they are applying for the campsite for 56 days this year (covid allows this) this year and for 28 days in subsequent years too.

2021/0655/CLP | Application for a proposed lawful development certificate for part of Worthy Farm as a family focused temporary campsite for 56 days in summer 2021 and 28 days in subsequent years.

https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/centralDistribution.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=QQ7Z01KPI9Y00

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Somerset Live doing it's "even a stopped clock", actually decent coverage thing.

Of particular interest is this map:

0_glasto-mapPNG.png

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids/glastonbury-festival-camping-campsite-pilton-5213462

This map, as far as i'm aware, shows the Worth Farm boundary, which is the application area. The pink hatched bit is Steanbow Farm's land, which they need for entry to the site.

47 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The (applied for) licence for the music event specifically states no camping on site.

Given that the licences are entirely separate, Emily talked about them being separate in that interview, I think it's reasonable to assume they're separate. I'm sure MDC wouldn't be too happy if they used the parallel licences at a way around that.

27 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

This map, as far as i'm aware, shows the Worth Farm boundary, which is the application area. The pink hatched bit is Steanbow Farm's land, which they need for entry to the site.

Though the map doesn't include fields that are definitely part of Worthy Farm - Row Mead, Big Ground, and Kidney Mead for a start. Or the farmhouse itself and associated buildings.

Edited by incident

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Makes you wonder what would happen to this lovely family-friendly campsite after a year like 2007 or 2016 - I wouldn't want to camp there on a year like that.

I've just re-read Emily's post, I am a fool, of course it's a separate thing from the concert.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Makes you wonder what would happen to this lovely family-friendly campsite after a year like 2007 or 2016 - I wouldn't want to camp there on a year like that.

How fast does the ground recover? Might be alright by mid August with a bit of effort and some dry weeks...

If you look at lunarfest website- they did this last year (camping on where the festival normally would be) with limited stuff for weekends May and June. Theyre doing the same this year so I would imagine Worthy farm camping would be same sort of set up. Not cheap mind!

• 3 weeks later...