110 Above 2021

TheDHolford

Anyone been to this before?

Got tickets for this year, due to a really great line up for my tastes in musics. It was reasonably priced, and the smaller scale size of the festival sounds like a great idea.

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on this festival? What's it actually like on the site? 

6 hours ago, TheDHolford said:

Anyone been to this before?

Got tickets for this year, due to a really great line up for my tastes in musics. It was reasonably priced, and the smaller scale size of the festival sounds like a great idea.

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on this festival? What's it actually like on the site? 

I went in 2019 for the first time and couldn't recommend it highly enough 

Site is tiny, only around 1000 capacity I believe. Very friendly atmosphere, unique stage setups.

Very few bands clash so you can see at least most of everyone (all 3 headliners of each night over the 3 stages if you want) 

Beers cheap - kaltenberg or Kingstone press £4 a pint plus real ale options

And...I've dug out some pictures

I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening with the small capacity- so we got our tickets after the roadmap announcement.  Worst case it helps the festival survive and we've already paid for next year 

20190802_180057.jpg

Bar area at back of main stage 

20190802_191242.jpg

Area between second and third stages

20190802_232148.jpg

Third stage

20190803_121918.jpg

Main stage

20190803_144719.jpg

The whole campsite 

20190804_220054.jpg

Pale waves

20190803_212125.jpg

2nd stage 

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I went in 2019 for the first time and couldn't recommend it highly enough 

Site is tiny, only around 1000 capacity I believe. Very friendly atmosphere, unique stage setups.

Very few bands clash so you can see at least most of everyone (all 3 headliners of each night over the 3 stages if you want) 

Beers cheap - kaltenberg or Kingstone press £4 a pint plus real ale options

And...I've dug out some pictures

I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening with the small capacity- so we got our tickets after the roadmap announcement.  Worst case it helps the festival survive and we've already paid for next year 

20190802_180057.jpg

Bar area at back of main stage 

20190802_191242.jpg

Area between second and third stages

20190802_232148.jpg

Third stage

20190803_121918.jpg

Main stage

20190803_144719.jpg

The whole campsite 

20190804_220054.jpg

Pale waves

20190803_212125.jpg

2nd stage 

Amazing! Thank you! Looks really great, the line up is pretty stacked for such a small festival. Should be a good chance of it going ahead with so few people. Plenty of bands I want to see, especially the three headliners.

Heading down from Manchester so looking forward to it, if it goes ahead! 

• 3 weeks later...

I've bought tickets with some friends after a trawl of festivals on here to find one with at least a partial line up announcement that sounded good. Never heard of it before but love a little festival and it's a strong lineup for the size. Sounds like there might be some more bands announced soon which will be great. Can't wait for festival season! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stringebean said:

I've bought tickets with some friends after a trawl of festivals on here to find one with at least a partial line up announcement that sounded good. Never heard of it before but love a little festival and it's a strong lineup for the size. Sounds like there might be some more bands announced soon which will be great. Can't wait for festival season! 

You won't regret it! Plenty more bands to come based on previous years, and what I found in 2019 is if you like the initial lineup, if you make the effort to have a listen to all bands announced beyond that then you'll get more out of it - the music types are pretty similar throughout and you then know what you want to see. And the best bit is almost no clashes! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 9:00 AM, TheDHolford said:

Just got an email with the stage splits, hoping the different stage headliners don't clash as they're all ones I really want to see! Rest of the days are looking good though! 

It does seem like there are more clashes - they've added the extra stage for social distancing 

• 2 months later...

Looks like we're on from the social media posts showing the build happening. Less than 2 weeks to go- can't wait for this. 

Miraculous really - did not think this would make it through to be honest. 

Who's looking forward to what bands? @Stringebean and @TheDHolford

Paris Youth Foundation, Only Sun, Spinn, Pixey and Abbie Ozard are my perhaps lesser known recommendations. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Going to this to the first time this year! Looking forward to experiencing a smaller fest. Only really been to bigger ones. 

Lesser known recommendations for me are: Lola Young, Zuzu, Bilk, Lauran Hibbard, Abbie Ozard. Plenty of others as well but they're the standouts. 

Shame Rhys Lewis isn't playing anymore, Jaws a good replacement though. 

10 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Any ideas when they usually release the stage times?

I was just about to ask this. 

I'm looking forward to Bilk, Yonaka, Amber Run, Airways and probably a bunch more. Been listening to playlist on repeat and there is nothing bad! 

Also does anybody know how close parking is to camping? I know it's stupid for a fest this small but I've been to tiny ones before where you still have to schlep your stuff over a couple of fields. Sack truck needed or not basically? 

Edited by Stringebean

On 8/2/2021 at 8:21 PM, Stringebean said:

I was just about to ask this. 

I'm looking forward to Bilk, Yonaka, Amber Run, Airways and probably a bunch more. Been listening to playlist on repeat and there is nothing bad! 

Also does anybody know how close parking is to camping? I know it's stupid for a fest this small but I've been to tiny ones before where you still have to schlep your stuff over a couple of fields. Sack truck needed or not basically? 

Very little walking involved - you can literally walk across the whole site including car parks in a few minutes. Doing a few trips should be easy - no need to load yourself up! 

13 hours ago, Stringebean said:

Saw that you don't get them until you buy(get?) a programme at wristband exchange. Not a fan of that but it's not like there's much to dislike music-wise

I can't actually remember if it was free or not last time. Definitely wasn't majorly expensive if it wasn't free. 

Last time there were almost no clashes but with the extra stage, for I presume covid distancing reasons, it looks like there will be some this time 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Attending this for the first time this year and very much looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, despite booking it off it looks as if I'll have to head down on Friday afternoon thanks to work constraints.

Is there usually a decent amount of space available for pitching? I know it's a small festival but not sure if I should send the friend I'm going with down earlier to get the tent up.

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Hi all,

Attending this for the first time this year and very much looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, despite booking it off it looks as if I'll have to head down on Friday afternoon thanks to work constraints.

Is there usually a decent amount of space available for pitching? I know it's a small festival but not sure if I should send the friend I'm going with down earlier to get the tent up.

You'll be fine- the campsite is literally just one field, and it wasn't even close to full last time despite being sold out. 

• Like 2

Volunteering at this one for my first festival of the year. As it stands I should have all my shifts in the morning so free for all the headliners in the evening. Originally, I was going with a friend but they can no longer come, now I'm solo but keen to meet up with any efesters at any point!

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Really great weekend! Yonaka, Sports Team and Zuzu were three of the big highlights for me. Was a bit disappointed in Sundara Karma. Lead singer didn't seem like his heart was in it. Only set that I felt let down by. 

Had an amazing time also! Agree about Sundara. I saw so many bands, but highlights were Sports Team, Pixey, Vistas, Zuzu, Black Honey, Paris Youth Foundation, Amazons, Baby Queen,  Abbie Ozard and Only Sun.

And was surprised (in a good way!) by Black Honey, Corella, The Snuts and Eliza and the Bear. 

Overall though I just love being there - such a unique setup, friendly atmosphere and varied venues to watch the bands. Great food and drink too - ate loads from the Palate Box and the pizza place. 

That new Elizabeth Stage is great, all they were missing before was a proper fully outdoor stage.

Could've done with one more bar for the busy times, but apart from that it's almost perfect for me.