vaccine passports

eFestivals

A are you happy for vaccine passports to exist  

74 members have voted

1. 1. A are you happy for vaccine passports to exist

• Yes
    • No

• 3 months later...

Confirmed for nightclubs and other events where large crowds gather. A negative covid test will not be sufficient as it seems to be coming in more as a coercive action to get young people to take the vaccine.

I guess we will find out how much young people value nightclubs then? 

We're certainly finding out how much of a "libertarian" Johnson is.

I detest vaccine passports, and I don't give a shit about nightclubs (although I probably don't count as "young" any more).

I'll be very annoyed if it affects going to gigs though.

On 3/17/2021 at 2:54 PM, fred quimby said:

Think there probably needs more evidence on that.

Also we have no idea how long the Vaccine works, so do we spaff the money on passports and then find they are useless later down the line. or are you talking short term here

Could spend that money on buying vaccines for poorer countries

Vaccines preventing the spread of infectious diseases is widely accepted scientifically. They are much more effective when there is a high uptake (90-95% of population or more) as herd immunity is achieved. 

That's the main reason I support vaccine passports. Encouraging vaccine uptake needs to be the number 1 priority as it is our only long term solution to covid and the persistent threat it has on overwhelming the NHS. 

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I read something suggesting the plea to make them mandatory might be a little bit of a ploy to urge the 3 million remaining 18-30 (which Spaffer seemed a bit too keen to point out - blame the young etc)to get their vaccines?

Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if it was scrapped last minute if it has had the desired effect of boosting vaccine take up in the younger population beforehand. 

52 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if it was scrapped last minute if it has had the desired effect of boosting vaccine take up in the younger population beforehand. 

They'll definitely test it out. I think a month or 2 of people complaining that 10 weeks (plus all the rest) wasn't long enough for them to sort themselves out, and now they have to cancel their birthday night out, should instill the fear into everyone turning 18 in the next academic year. Plus we don't know how serious things will be in the future, and they won't be able to use this trick again if people think it's just a ploy they'll back down from.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Absolutely their plan - they would never get it through parliament and just another way of them trying to put the blame on anyone but them.

12 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Vaccines preventing the spread of infectious diseases is widely accepted scientifically. They are much more effective when there is a high uptake (90-95% of population or more) as herd immunity is achieved. 

That's the main reason I support vaccine passports. Encouraging vaccine uptake needs to be the number 1 priority as it is our only long term solution to covid and the persistent threat it has on overwhelming the NHS. 

Now I come from a place of ignorance when it comes to vaccine science, just to say

But yes that is true of vaccines that have been around and proved. Also they stop you getting the thing you are vaccinated against and therefore you can not spread it. This so far seems a little different as we are seeing raising cases amongst those double jabbed and I can't believe they are all only getting that from unvaccinated people.

As I say we do not have the results from trials yet. Yet people are making assumptions. Nothing wrong with that to a point.

i did write my comment in March and we have moved on I guess plus we have the NHS app that will tell us so my point about the Government spunking millions on new apps is mute now.

I am also not sure what they are doing is encouraging, more coersion , you can't have the things you like unless you do what I say (Oh and ignore I called it Freedom day). However, I am with the point that we need to get as many as we can to be vaccinated so not sure what to do really. Well they could have waited to unlock until it was done instead of saying right it is over, oh wait you think it is over , that is not what I meant

Green Man, which looks like being my only festival this year is asking for proof of double jabs with the NHS Covid Pass or proof of vaccination.  Luckily, being an old fart, I got called for early and have had both jabs.

WILL YOU NEED A VACCINE OR TEST TO ATTEND?

Yes - anyone over the age of 16 attending the festival will have to demonstrate they have received a negative NHS lateral flow test within 48hrs prior to their arrival, or demonstrate that they have received 2 vaccinations at least 14 days prior to their arrival.

All the above can be proved by using the NHS Covid Pass and we will be asking all attendees to use this as proof of entry. You can download it to your phone, or print out a paper copy (only works for vaccination status not test results).

If you cannot use the NHS Covid Pass we will also be accepting the following proofs.
• A text message, email, or screenshot from NHS Test and Trace showing a negative result within the last 48 hours.
• Proof of vaccination from Wales or Scotland. Those from Wales and Scotland can provide their vaccination records (i.e proof of vaccine in paper format, not your vaccine appoinment card) to show they have had both doses.

41 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Green Man, which looks like being my only festival this year is asking for proof of double jabs with the NHS Covid Pass or proof of vaccination.  Luckily, being an old fart, I got called for early and have had both jabs.

WILL YOU NEED A VACCINE OR TEST TO ATTEND?

Yes - anyone over the age of 16 attending the festival will have to demonstrate they have received a negative NHS lateral flow test within 48hrs prior to their arrival, or demonstrate that they have received 2 vaccinations at least 14 days prior to their arrival.

All the above can be proved by using the NHS Covid Pass and we will be asking all attendees to use this as proof of entry. You can download it to your phone, or print out a paper copy (only works for vaccination status not test results).

If you cannot use the NHS Covid Pass we will also be accepting the following proofs.
• A text message, email, or screenshot from NHS Test and Trace showing a negative result within the last 48 hours.
• Proof of vaccination from Wales or Scotland. Those from Wales and Scotland can provide their vaccination records (i.e proof of vaccine in paper format, not your vaccine appoinment card) to show they have had both doses.

They are letting people in if they have had a negative covid test within 48 hours of entering so no requirement for the double jab. 

7 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Well they could have waited to unlock until it was done instead of saying right it is over, oh wait you think it is over , that is not what I meant

That is what seems to be happening in Scotland. Level 0 doesn't include nightclubs and erm "adult entertainment" venues and Sturgeon said today vaccine take-up in 18 - 30's is as low as 50% in some parts of the nation it may delay full unlocking.

If nightclubs don't convince young people to get it I wonder if a lap dance will? 😆

Agree with the idea of vaccine passports if it allows for festivals, gigs and live sport to carry on throughout this however I'll be very annoyed if this comes into place before I'm even able to get my 2nd jab as I got on to the booking system the first morning I was able too and my 2nd vaccine isn't until the end of August. That's after I moved it from mid September this week and I'm 28. 

11 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Its been approved for Children 12 and over by the UK regulator.  JCVI says we aren't going to vaccinate them though unless vulnerable.

We are some way of offering it to all children.

If they decide to start vaccinating children in September / October its still going to be along time before they all have two jabs.

Yeah, you're right. Didn't realise that. I expect they will start giving to older children in Sep/Oct unless they feel the more vulnerable need a 'refresher' dose. 

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

lol - okay - thanks for that - never knew 🙂

I was talking about mass events - sport / festivals etc 

I would certainly be against them not letting in anyone who has not had the opportunity to get both doses (children included) so I agree with your point there. I think if they did do that, the backlash would be big enough to get the decision overturned (we know this government loves a uturn!).

Labour confirmed to be opposing along with the lib dems. Lets see if the ERG can get the numbers to defeat the government.

Edited by lost

23 hours ago, lost said:

Labour confirmed to be opposing along with the lib dems. Lets see if the ERG can get the numbers to defeat the government.

Labours issue seems to be that it promotes inequality so want to see testing used, which I understand. So if the government don’t include testing then it’ll be tough for this to go through with the Tory rebels.