2021 lineup rumours

blutarsky

I expect most of the line up will be almost exclusively UK based artists. Looking at other festivals very few of bands (at the higher end of the line ups) appear from overseas. Makes sense I suppose, bands from other countries could end up on the 'red' list overnight and leave a last minute gap in the bill, and from the bands perspective they could still be looking at a 10 day quarantine when they get to the UK and maybe the same when they leave. 

Cynical move to shift the remaining 10% of tickets before postponing by a year once the ticket money is in the bank to accrue interest? With others cancelling there’ll be people looking for replacement festivals that look like they’ll still be going ahead. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Cynical move to shift the remaining 10% of tickets before postponing by a year once the ticket money is in the bank to accrue interest? With others cancelling there’ll be people looking for replacement festivals that look like they’ll still be going ahead. 

Do you really think that? 10% ticket sales is less than 2000 and I imagine there will be more than that getting refunds if they cancel. So they won't gain any potential interest. Even if everyone kept their tickets would it really be that worth it?

I think we have to all try to assume it will go ahead and in this thread at least, stick to speculating who's on the line up. It sounds like there's going to be a few from last year that's not showing up. I'm not a great detective but would be interested in hearing what acts people think will be there from the line up last year.

1 hour ago, ourkid1984 said:

Do you really think that? 10% ticket sales is less than 2000 and I imagine there will be more than that getting refunds if they cancel. So they won't gain any potential interest. Even if everyone kept their tickets would it really be that worth it?

I think we have to all try to assume it will go ahead and in this thread at least, stick to speculating who's on the line up. It sounds like there's going to be a few from last year that's not showing up. I'm not a great detective but would be interested in hearing what acts people think will be there from the line up last year.

Not to mention the fact that ticket funds are held until the festival goes ahead anyway and I doubt the organisers would see any interest earnt during the suggested delay. No benefit at all to shifting those tickets then not going ahead 

17 hours ago, atomised said:

Not to mention the fact that ticket funds are held until the festival goes ahead anyway and I doubt the organisers would see any interest earnt during the suggested delay. No benefit at all to shifting those tickets then not going ahead 

Yeah it wouldn't make any sense to me. If it does get cancelled I imagine it'll be a decision out of their control. 

Anyway, I think the Levellers are nailed on. 😉

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2021 at 4:20 PM, 5co77ie said:

good to see the Local Authorities fully on  side here.

Hopefully the insurers are too! But what makes their situation any different from that of Bearded, Boomtown, Shambala etc., themselves all in the same sort of event size ballpark. Maybe they've remortgaged the Metway to underwrite it...

Just now, Pinhead said:

Hopefully the insurers are too! But what makes their situation any different from that of Bearded, Boomtown, Shambala etc., themselves all in the same sort of event size ballpark. Maybe they've remortgaged the Metway to underwrite it...

Could just be as simple as they're willing to absorb the risk where those others aren't?

On 4/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, Quark said:

Ditto.  Been trying to piece it all together and work out how they're in a position to take enough risk out of the it to go ahead without the insurance being a deciding factor.  Really intriguing, especially giving the email today in the light of the cancellation announcements.

Or they're just taking a massive gamble!

Theres two ways to spread the risk which might make a difference the promoters dave and Laura plus the levellers and how muchthelevs want to get back to performing might be in play too. If the local council are keen that makes it more likely as they could pull the plug 

15 hours ago, Skelts said:

I reckon there’ll be more than a few from this line up at BD’s. Interesting to see the Levellers are playing there too. 

My money is on Stereophonics headlining Friday or Saturday 

DB9AE030-4619-4DC0-A9B5-FB957AA71C5B.jpeg

Yeah...thought the same when I saw that. My other half would be happy with Stereophonics, I'd prefer James. Surprised Supergrass aren't on that...they seem to be playing bloody everywhere

Don't think I have been less concerned about a line up announcement for a festival I have tickets to than this one. If they announce the remaining Chuckle Brother hitting himself over the head with a metal tray as one of the headliners I'll still be up for it...just being there will be enough. 

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Don't think I have been less concerned about a line up announcement for a festival I have tickets to than this one. If they announce the remaining Chuckle Brother hitting himself over the head with a metal tray as one of the headliners I'll still be up for it...just being there will be enough. 

You find him in a guest slot alongside Hobo Jones in the Bimble Inn at around 2am on Saturday

Great line up for me.

Frank Turner
James
The Levs
Alabama 3
Dreadzone
From The Jam
New Model Army
Bar-Steward Sons

Might not be the most modern set of artists - but I'm an old sod anyway.
Roll on August (please let it happen!)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, elias said:

Great line up for me.

Frank Turner
James
The Levs
Alabama 3
Dreadzone
From The Jam
New Model Army
Bar-Steward Sons

Are you me? 😄

5 minutes ago, elias said:

Great line up for me.

Frank Turner
James
The Levs
Alabama 3
Dreadzone
From The Jam
New Model Army
Bar-Steward Sons

This, and Gentleman's Dub Club.  Happy days.
(you just know Hobo Jones and the Junkyard dogs will be there too!)