Crystal Palace Bowl - South Facing Festival

mahoneypepe

1 hour ago, hoils said:

I've seen no mention of The Pond in the promotional guff for this. Seems a little disingenuous, knowing how far away from the stage the punters will be. 

I believe there is going to be a temporary stage built over the lake for these events.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 7:25 AM, hoils said:

I've seen no mention of The Pond in the promotional guff for this. Seems a little disingenuous, knowing how far away from the stage the punters will be. 

On 3/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, Paul ™ said:

I believe there is going to be a temporary stage built over the lake for these events.

Last time I was there was in 1985 an Anti-Heroin benefit concert organised by Pete Townshend with Hawkwind and ' wait for this ' Dame Vera Lynn !!! - I kid you not.

http://www.fatreg.com/picsantiheroin/CPalace.html

and by the way ' many did stay for Vera Lynn ' 

I had mates who lived very local and they knew the layout so some of them stayed outside - we walked in and went to a tree near the wall and after so many minutes { before mobile phones } they tossed over the bevy.

-------------

shame about the old stage and we did not mind the lake.

a very bizarre concert seeing it was a Anti-Heroin benefit concert and I would estimate that
a good 70% was out their face on this that and the other.

I think there was 8 of us at it - have not been back at a concert but lots of us used to attend the firework show on Bonfire night which used to be held in the same park.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, Lunabella said:

Does anyone know about stage times for the Sleaford Mods day of this? We need to know when The Orielles are likely to come on to determine wether this is worth getting tickets for, but can’t find any info.

D0A33A6A-C22B-4870-9ACC-09937244E3F6.jpeg

We went along to the Corinne Bailey Rae day yesterday after picking up the giveaways from Central Tickets. Musically, it wasn't really to our liking so we caught the final 3 acts. The crowd was very sparse by midway through CBR's set - at a guess less than 10% capacity. They'd put down some mud covers on the front 15 metres or so nearest the stage and the entire crowd fitted on there with ample room. You could've put the staff, vendors and their food trucks on there too and still had room to dance. Doesn't really bode well!

On a more general note, the site itself is great. It was smaller than I was expecting and refreshingly laid back in terms of security. The natural bowl gives good views from all around the site and the sound quality was excellent for an outdoor event. The bars looked to have decent options (e.g. various Brewdog beers in big cans, ciders, wines, spirits and a limited cocktail choice) and there were 7 or 8 food trucks, with three offering vegan options (pizza, maki, and hotdogs). There were a lot of toilets too, although I only used the urinals so am not sure of their cleanliness levels.